Saturday, November 22, 2008

11/22/08


Busy day. :) Been working on photos from the shoot... here are some. They are one year old cousins and were BUSY. I remember those days. Hard to photograph, though. ha!!


The kids continued their cleaning spree today... they worked on Mikayla's closet. That was a serious job, too. She had to get rid of some stuffed animals. She is quite sentimental and I understand that.... However, some needed to GO. Later today, Mikayla went with me to the photo shoot and Wesley was with Steve working on the barn. They both worked very hard today without complaint. They earned another dollar towards that Joy Toy for the underprivileged children. :)

My former student.... well, still kind of sort of my student... Katie, got her new camera today!!!!!! We were so excited. I was the first person she called. :) I asked her to see if she could come over tonight and show me. She and her Mom came and we had a glorious hour or so basking in the newness of her camera. She got the same kind as I have, but the newer version. I was teaching her a few things about it and she was getting that "oh no, I can't comprehend anymore" look. lol She'll have to learn just like I did... and am still doing. I can't wait to see her homework!!!

I am very sad tonight..... we are going to have to take down one side of the old barns in order to save the other side. Steve was hoping to fix that side, but it just will not work without a lot of money. I will have to photograph that tomorrow morning. They have to work on it this weekend while they have the equipment they rented. I have many memories of playing in the hay in that side. I cannot promise anyone that I won't shed a tear....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those are such cute shots of the little ones! Congrats to Katie on her new camera, how fun! I hope the barn side coming down wasn't too traumatic...

Amy said...

Awww such cute kids!