Saturday, November 29, 2008

11/29/08

This year Hallmark had an ornament that brought back a major childhood memory for me. How many of you had the Fisher Price farm set?????? Kevin and I played with this thing for a LONG time.... we even still had the people, horse, cow and one chicken for Wesley and Mikayla to play with at Mom's. I don't know what happened to the farm itself.

The ornament has batteries and when you open one of the doors it moos. I don't remember if the real one did that or not... it truly could have. I just had to have this one to add to my childhood memory collection. I am beyond sentimental, you know. :)


We had Thanksgiving with Steve's Mom today. It has been a busy day getting the house cleaned and such before we left. I think I'm going to go make me some coffee and snuggle in for the night. It is cold and rainy.... perfect weather for cuddling... if I can get my son away from the Christmas train. lol

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I had that farm! It did moo when you opened the door. There was a little switch inside that I think was just a type of horn that sounded like a moo, and did not run on batteries. That is so cool. We are starting this year to buy ornaments for each other. Hopefully turning it into a family tradition.

wendy said...

Ya, it totally mooed. We had one growing up too.

So, at what point are you going to have to get a 2nd tree for all these ornaments? :)

Amy said...

LOVE that ornament! We have Kyle's old barn that is just like that. The kids love to play with it.

It is cold and rainy here too. I LOVE it!!! Good snuggling weather :-) Enjoy!!

Morgan said...

Cassie had that farm set and OH how I loved playing with it!!! ; ) She and I had a blast taking the animals for 'walks' around the living room. ahhhhh....that was fun.

Gretchen said...

Oohh! I haven't seen these. What a great memory!