Sunday, November 09, 2008

11/09/08

I have paraphrased the following story:

A preacher was preaching John 14:6 during a revival service. He was explaining that trusting in and accepting Jesus as Savior is the ONLY way to Heaven. As he looked out on the congregation he noticed many with folded arms and heads shaking in disapproval because they felt there are many ways to get to Heaven. When the meetings were over, this pastor went to the local Post Office the following Saturday. As he walked in he noticed several members from the church where he had just been preaching those meetings. Many of them were making small talk about how congested the local streets were and what different routes they had taken to get to the Post Office. After most of them had gone about their business, one church member came up to the preacher and in a smug fashion told him that all of those people had gone different ways but all ended up at the Post Office. (He was trying to catch the preacher by his own words.) The preacher wisely responded, "I know what you are saying, and I understand your logic, but, sir, when you die, you aren't going to the Post Office!"

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like the story. Need to remember it.

mc said...

Kellie!
Love your story! I have been an absentee blogger/reader of blogs for two months now! I have lots of catching up to do! On that note, I LOVE all of your state fair posts! I need to email you a very funny story about Will and the cows there. I will do so tonight! Would love to see you all again soon! Love, Mary Claudia

Amy said...

GREAT Story!!! I love it!