Thursday, November 20, 2008

11/20/08


Today was one of those days... from start to finish... where I seemed to be behind all day. I got behind more "slow pokes" on the road today than I have in a long time. I'll be honest, my first reaction was to get irritated and do a bit of rant and rave.... you know how you feel when those types of things happen. Instead, I continued to change my perspective. I began to think of how the Lord was having this happen for a reason and I needed to just sit back and "ride."

It happened again this afternoon and evening. I am thinking the Lord is continuing to teach me some patience! If so, I got a boat load of it this afternoon!!! I was coming home from the dentist and was dealing with the worst stop and go traffic I have dealt with in a long time. I did say a few words regarding the ordeal, but tried to keep them in a positive tone... especially since the kiddos were with me again. When it got to the point where I realized I was not going to get home in a "fashionable" time, I resigned myself to it. However, Mikayla cracked me up when she began to say "Patience is a virtue. Virtue is a grace. Grace is a little girl who didn't wash her face!" (I use to read that little "nursery rhyme" to the kids all of the time when they were little.... we know it well!) Then she said, "I know we need to be patient but I surely don't want to be!"

I must confess -- when she began that nursery rhyme I thought she was speaking to ME because of the way I felt inside at that moment. God was working on all of us, it seems...

Patience. I learned a whole bunch of it today.

2 comments:

wendy said...

It must've been the day to get stuck in traffic because I had quite a lengthy ride coming home myself. It's dark. It's raining. There are a million cars trying to fit on the same freeway. Nobody is gettin anywhere. Not fun. I finally made it, but with only an hour before I had to leave again for worship team practice. I haven't done one blessed thing for school all week.

Gretchen said...

Today was my day to run behind. All. Day. Long.

I was so relieved to come home and know that I don't have to be ANYWHERE until Sunday morning. Maybe I'll finally catch up!