Wednesday, November 05, 2008

11/05/08


Here's a green, rusted car I photographed last Saturday. You might think... this is odd since I have been showing fall pics lately! It was such a pretty color... but it was in rough condition. lol There were vines and such growing out of it and the back windshield was shattered, but I just thought it was kind of neat. The colors are nice and contrasting. I'm trying to take pics of things that are unusual. It is easy to find flowers, but challenging to find something different. This is definitely different. lol


My lip feels a bit better, but my head hurts today. The bone above my right eyebrow is feeling the pain, for sure! I didn't realize how expressive I am with my eyes until I moved them today... let's just say I am not a boring person when it comes to expressions. lol Of course, those of you who know me in real life, know that already. Drama should be my middle name some days.

It did my heart good to see that the same sex marriage did not get passed in California. At least that was a positive part of the election. No matter what.... God is on the throne and in control. He is in Whom I have put my trust.

I am also thankful the political ads are off the airwaves/TV now. They were getting quite old.

I have no papers to grade tonight. I am beyond words tickled about that. We had a rainy early day so the kids couldn't go outside at recess and I was able to grade a lot of them. Then, I had my special after lunch and knocked more out then and right after school. I honestly would love to take some pictures this afternoon, but not sure if my head can take the camera next to it right now. I need to go chill out for a few minutes before I have to get ready for AWANA tonight.

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I know what you meant, but the Prop actually passed, which means that the state adds the ban into the state constitution. Similiar votes also occurred in Arizona and Florida.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Didn't finish my thoughts. When you said "busted your lip" yesterday, I thought you just banged it a bit. You must have really been "moving" to hit it that hard.

Amy said...

Cool pictures. I am on the look out for an old red, rusty truck to take pictures of. Maybe I will happen upon one one day :-)

Glad to hear your lip is getting better.