Saturday, November 08, 2008

11/08/09

It has been a good Saturday of getting some stuff around the house accomplished. I worked on some areas that were showing neglect.... lol. It felt good to get some of those things better in place. Wesley cracked me up.... that boy is a cleaning machine. Mikayla has to be forced to clean while he will clean just because he sees something is a mess. What a difference between those two. :)

I also bathed both of the kittens. They came with fleas... and fleas are not what we want in the house so bathing is the answer. They did fairly well, but let's just say I can tell they are getting bigger. They might as well get used to it because it will continue to happen each Saturday. :)

This afternoon they helped Steve clean the garage. That has been needing it, too. We have a Joy Toy collection in the next month at school for a local Christian ministry to give out toys to the less fortunate at Christmas. I have my students earn their money in order to buy a gift for a boy/girl so that they understand the true meaning of giving. Our kids get so much that it definitely does not hurt them to get out and work for something to add greater value to what they are doing. I am having Wesley and Mikayla do the same. Today's garage cleaning began the earning of money. They are now up to $2.00 a piece. They have to earn $10.00. They will have to do jobs that are not weekly expected jobs in order to earn the money. They may be going up to Mimi and Pappa's to do some things as well! Work is good for them.

I wanted to get out and take some photographs this afternoon, but it never happened. My house needed my attention more. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can run over to a local park and get some photographs. It surely was another beautiful day.

Tonight we are going out with some of our best friends. It should be a great night. :)

No comments: