Tuesday, November 04, 2008

11/04/08

Let me start off this post with a funny. Today I came home from school and was trying to multi-task and get many things done at once. I was putting in a load of laundry and on the phone at the same time. Mikayla decides to come in at that moment and feed the cats. She left the cabinet door open... which I was unaware of until I forcefully walked head first into the thing!! It was not her fault... just an accident and I wasn't watching where I was going. I was trying to do too much at once. Well, that knock sent me reeling... I busted my upper and lower lip. I hit my nose and forehead, too. My busted lip isn't as bad right now as I thought, but I will be interested to see how it is in the morning. It was throbbing a bit earlier but I just took some ibuprofen and it has helped. After I was over the initial shock of running into the thing, I began to laugh. This is so typical of me. Just call me "Mrs. Grace...." lol

On this Election Day I am reminded of these verses that were in Wesley and Mikayla's devotion last night. I do not know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future. These verses were for me as I read them last night. I am thankful for how God uses His Word to remind us of all things.

Psalm 118:6-9
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yeah, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

We need to remember in all circumstances that God IS in control. His ways are perfect and it is our job to trust.

2 comments:

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Ouch! I hope your lip is feeling better in the morning! I think we're related, 'Klutz' is my middle name! :)

Amy said...

Oh no!!!! That sounds like something I would do LOL. Hope you get to feeling better soon. (((hugs))