Thursday, April 01, 2010

04/01/10

Ten years ago today.

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long.

A decade.

Our babies were born.

I have a lot of thoughts today. I am so reminded at how quickly time flies. What precious gifts the Lord gave us. Our journey was a hard one to have children. I won't get into the details but we tried for a long time and went through a lot to have them. The day finally came where my babies were born and oh, what a day it was!

I really didn't have a desire for Wesley and Mikayla to be born on April Fool's Day.... I thought April 2 would be good because of us having twins and all.... God had other plans. :)

I will never look at this day the same, though. No longer is it a day that I see a time for playing practical jokes, but it is a day I realize just how much the Lord blessed Steve and me.

Wesley was born at 5:46 pm.
Mikayla was born at 6:30 pm.

Our lives were changed forever.

These last ten years have had their ups and downs... difficulties, sadness, happiness and joy. We have watched our babies grow up and show individual personalities that remind me so much of myself at times. (There is some of Steve in there, too, but I must have had the dominant gene on that part...)

Enjoy a glimpse in pictures of our last ten years. I had so many I wanted to post, but had to use some control so you wouldn't be here all night. Don't laugh too hard at pictures of me, please. I surely hope the next ten years do not go as fast as these did.

Our first trip to church after they were born. They were around 6 weeks old. We're still in shock, I think.
This is one of my favorite pictures of me holding our babies. They were around 2 months or so.
Here they are at 3 months and I loved this age.
This picture makes me smile every time. They were around 6 months and I love how Mikayla is leaning on Wesley. Of course, she probably just fell over and couldn't get back up. I just love how they are giggling. (It is Steve's favorite photo, too.) They still act like that today.
Two years old... "helping" Steve paint. :)
Around 2 1/2 or so... first time they grabbed hands and held them without being asked. I love this picture.

The next two show when they are 3 years old.
My little man. He was so cute in that yellow blazer and tie.
I caught Mikayla in this pose. It is a classic and makes me smile every time I see it. (And Girlfriend still loves her a purse...)
Four years old

This would be around 4 years old.... they loved to dress up. This will be going in the yearbook for sure one day for all to see. Wesley will hate me for that. lol
This was age 6 at Halloween. Cinderella meets Cowboy/Sheriff.
Eight years old... being goofy while I am trying to photograph them. lol

Nine years old at the Zoo last year. Oh how they have grown.
More recent.... new glasses and older looks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESLEY AND MIKAYLA.
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now , that was just heart warming.They are both smart, wounderful, beautiful, handsome,and might we say talented.Happy Birthday! Makayla& Wesley. Love you Grandma
Wiggs

Gretchen said...

This was so fun! Great way to capture the "moments that have turned into years."

Hugs!!!