Friday, April 16, 2010

04/16/10

This is Mikayla Girl's little kitchen she has had since she was 3 years old.


Here you see her the Christmas when she received it as a gift.

Here is where she and Wesley are playing in the office with their cousins.

She has always loved to cook on this little thing. I have heard that stove music many a day. There used to be lots of dishes stored in the top and side and food in the refrigerator. I have walked in the office many times and seen the remains of a "meal" where powder and various other "ingredients" were used to create a masterpiece.

In the last couple of years the kitchen hasn't gotten a workout as much as it once did. I have noticed even more in the last year how things just aren't the same.

When we were out of school last week I asked Mikayla if she still used it. When I had asked her this a year ago she was adamant she did not want it to go anywhere and she still "used it." Well, this time her response was that she really didn't use it and it was OK if it was taken out of the office... with the promise that it would be stored in the attic for her little girl one day and that she could keep the microwave on top because she still needs that. lol She said she enjoys cooking and baking on a real stove/oven now. :)

On one hand I was kind of glad because now I can set up my scrapbooking table permanently and hopefully get caught up on the last 2 years.... or so.

On the other hand, my Mother's Heart sank because I have been dreading that day and those words.

I know she's growing up.

I know it is time.

... But that time has gone by way too fast.

5 comments:

Mich said...

They do grow up so very fast...

Anonymous said...

Makes your heart cry doesn't it !!

wendy said...

:( for little girls growing up.

:) for permanent scrapbooking tables!!!

Vonda said...

Awww! That made me teary eyed! I was devestated when we were in New York for fall break and Hannah had no interest in going to the American Girl Store!

Amy said...

Awwwww they really do grow up WAY too fast!!!