Wednesday, April 07, 2010

04/07/10

Anyone for an RC cola and a Moon Pie??


There was a shop in Charleston that sold all of RC Cola and Moon Pie paraphernalia. It was quite cute. :)

Yesterday we went to visit my friend "G" and her kiddos. I have not really seen her (other than a blip of time at A Christmas Carol over a year ago) for years and years. It was one of those things where we went to high school together (she was a year behind me) and then she came to Meredith for college, too. She was in my wedding but it seems after that we lost touch. I guess it was just my married bliss.... or could it be the student teaching while newly married???? Who knows. She got married a couple of years after Steve and me and I was happy to be able to go to the wedding.

Fast forward.... many years. We had truly lost touch. By now she had three kids and I had W and M. One of the teachers at school shared with me that she saw "G" at a soccer game where her grandchildren were also playing. I was so excited to find out she was doing well and from that we began to email, blog, and Facebook through these last three or so years. It has been wonderful getting to "know" her again through those high tech ways.

Since we are on break I Facebooked her to see if we could get together. We've been trying to get together for a long while but scheduling can be difficult when life just happens all around. We planned it for yesterday and I was so excited!

She lives a little ways away from us but it was not so bad of a drive! I was excited to be able to see her again. Our kids had never fully "met" but I knew it would be fine. Once we were there, within a few minutes, the kids acted like they had known each other for a long time and "G" and I were able to catch up on all of those years. Her kids are precious and I enjoyed just getting to know them, too.

It was the kind of day you wished would not have to go by so quickly but we had Mikayla's piano lesson and had to go all too soon. The kids fell asleep in the van on the way to piano.... if that tells you how much fun they had.

We decided this couldn't be the last time we see each other for years. :) Hopefully we will work it out to see them again very soon.

It was a lovely way to spend a day of our break.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

It WAS a great way to spend a day of spring break! I'm so glad we were able to catch up. Your kids were just as cute IRL as they are in your photos! Thank you for coming to our neck of the woods. My only regret? How could 2 photographers not take a single picture to document our reunion?? Oh, we must have been too busy chatting the day away. ;)