Tuesday, April 06, 2010

04/06/10

This is the oldest standing church in Charleston. It has been rebuilt two times and one was because of fire so it is not the original, but it surely is beautiful. The steeple leans to the side a bit because the ground underneath was not as stable as they originally thought when building this.

Looking through the iron fence at the graveyard by the church.

Another view
Pollen is everywhere this year. Whew....

I realize it is a very necessary thing. I feel as though we have walked through a dust bowl, though.

Yesterday when the kids and I walked it was a yellow haze all around us. Last night I photographed a family and it was a yellow hue all around. lol My camera became spotted yellow, too.

Poor Steve is having a hard time with the pollen that you can't see (like oak and maple). He loves/hates this time of year because of that. He loves getting out and working in the yard, but hates the non-breathing moments he has. I am just thankful he keeps on going because goodness knows I am not the green thumb around here. I'll cut some grass but I'm not so hot at the other outdoorsy things. There is still hope, though. :)

Enjoy some yellow today and be thankful for it because without pollen we would not have fruits and veggies!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know we have to have it ,but I wish someone would send a message to my nose. AH_CHEW

Amy said...

The first picture is just perfect!! I am loving all your Charleston pictures. We took the kids to Charleston over the weekend. I just didn't get to take many pictures this time around. I wanna move there SO badly lol