Thursday, April 15, 2010

04/15/10

I have seen some amazing things happen this week.

It has all been of the Lord... not me.

I was able to lead a friend to the Lord on Monday.

I have been praying for him for years. I was humbled at how God worked the day out for me to be able to talk with my friend and share how he can know he has Christ in his heart. Monday was the first day back from break and it was a CRAZY day.... but God turned the craziness into something I will never forget.

On Tuesday I had the privilege of leading one of my students to the Lord.

I had shared with the children again that morning that if they are not sure they have Jesus in their heart then they could come talk to me and I would drop whatever I was doing and would show them from God's Word how they could be saved. Normally, at the age I teach, the kids hear those words but do not always act on them because they easily forget in the busyness of a day or they may be too shy.

I was pleasantly surprised on Tuesday after lunch when one of my little girls came up to me and said she didn't have Jesus in her heart and wanted Him there. I was so excited but had to get my other students working on something so I could help her. Once the students were settled I was able to show her from God's Word how she can know Him and she understood her need for salvation. It was a joyous moment when she prayed her simple prayer to accept the Lord in her heart.

On Wednesday I had another opportunity to lead one of my students to the Lord.

Today.... I had yet another opportunity to lead one of my students to the Lord!

I am overwhelmed in a good way!

I am in awe of God's timing and His work in MY life to prepare me for those moments when He calls me to do His work. I can see so clearly how things the Lord has caused me to go through recently have prepared me for moments like I have experienced this week.

Here is a poem I read recently and it just seemed to fit what has happened to me this week. I just thank the Lord for all He does in my life and how I can show the love of Christ to others.

How Great the Yield From a Fertile Field

The farmer plows through the fields of green
And the blade of the plow is sharp and keen,
But the seed must be sown to bring forth grain,
For nothing is born without suffering and pain,
And God never plows in the soul of man
Without intention and purpose and plan.
So whenever you feel the plows sharp blade
Let not your heart be sorely afraid,
For, like the farmer, God chooses a field
From which He expects an excellent yield,
So rejoice though your heart is broken in two,
God seeks to bring forth a rich harvest in you.

5 comments:

Mich said...

Wow! What a week! Doing a happy dance with you!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! way to go Kellie, May God Bless you and those four souls.Can you see the celabration in heaven!!
Love!

Sandy said...

How wonderful!!! What an amazing week! Since the angels in heaven are rejoicing, so will we! Isn't it humbling to be used by God in such a monumental way? And you get the joy of seeing these lives transformed because of your obedience to Him!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!!
Here's a cyber high five and a hug. Yes, rejoicing with you and our SAVIOR today! Is your crown getting heavy? So many jewels!

wendy said...

That is so awesome! And what special memories for the kids that their 2nd grade teacher led them to the Lord :)