Thursday, April 22, 2010

04/22/10

I am now moving on to Boone Hall Plantation pictures.... our last stop in Charleston.

You may wonder why I took pictures of the tractors.

Of course, if you have read this blog or know me well enough you KNOW why I took them.

Wesley. :)

He got his first Oliver collectible tractor at Christmas so I had to photograph this one up close.

The other night I was texting a friend. I usually am not a texting individual. My phone has the capability, but it is just a regular cell phone without the "keyboard."

As I was texting my friend, it was taking me longer and I didn't include all of the punctuation and capital letters because I was already having a hard enough time getting the thing typed in a timely manner. Remember.... when you have a regular cell phone without the keyboard you have to press each key possibly 3 or 4 times to get the correct letter.

Mikayla decides at that time to ask me if I needed help with texting.

She's ten.

She has never texted in her life that I know of....

How in the world did "girlfriend" think she could "help" with texting?

She decided to keep asking me that night if I needed help in a joking way as if I had no clue as to what I was doing.

My precious daughter WAS MAKING FUN OF ME!

Oh, goodness.... I had to chuckle inside. Now, instead of me being the one that picks on my own parents, I am now having MY CHILDREN DO IT TO ME!

Maybe I won't be like my sweet Daddy as I get older and go with them to college to get a parking permit and say "My daughter is a computer and needs a sticker!!" (He meant COMMUTER!)

Oh the laughter we have had over that one!

I guess I need to see these moments that are now beginning with my own children as laughable memories that will forever be cherished.

SO... according to Mikayla, if you need me for anything don't TEXT me or it may take a while. :)

2 comments:

Mich said...

Friend... I don't text either. And I have a blackberry!!! :) by the time I try to text you, I had rather just call.

Great pictures.

Vonda said...

Welcome to the club! Hannah always makes fun of me when I attempt to text. I can't wait to see some more Boone Hall pictures. I love that place!