Sunday, February 01, 2009

02/01/09


Ever since I watched Kay Yow's service, I have been thinking on one of the hymns that was sung at her funeral. What was neat was that we also sung the same song at church today. As we got to the first "chorus" of "Amazing love! How can it be..." I began to tear up thinking of what Christ did for me. ME - - a worthless sinner saved by His grace. Wesley was humming it tonight on the way to church so I thought it only fitting to post the words.

It was written by Charles Wesley after he had received Christ as his Savior at the age of 31. He even wrote these words "I now found myself at peace with God, and rejoiced in hope of loving Christ. I saw that by faith I stood."

And Can It Be That I Should Gain?

And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior's blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?

Amazing love! How can it be
That Thou, my God, should die for me?

Long my imprisoned spirit lay
Fast bound in sin and nature's night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray,
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;

My chains fell off, my heart was free;
I rose, went forth and followed Thee.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Beautiful...