Tuesday, February 10, 2009

02/10/09


I love icicles and would have loved to have captured more when the snow came but these were some of my better ones.


It is gloriously beautiful outside today. There are clouds but the temp. is so nice. The kids are outside playing "football" and having a lot of fun.

Here is something funny from yesterday. Wesley is my "thinker" and on the way running errands yesterday he says "Mom, is blood heavier than water?"

"WHAT?"

Yes, he asked that question. Something I had never thought of in my entire 37 years. lol

I told him that was a great question, but I wasn't sure. I said that was a question for "Uncle Kevin."

I called Kevin and asked him... and he wasn't sure, either, but graciously looked it up for me on the computer.

Apparently, YES.. blood is heavier than water until it dissolves in the water. There was a lot of scientific stuff about which I had no idea of what they were saying, but just take my word for it. We haven't gotten around to doing an experiment yet.

Of course, I had to go have my blood drawn this morning for my routine doctor checkup and I came REALLY close to asking that lady for a bit of my blood so I could do the experiment. I figured she would say I was a bit crazy. A finger prick to do the experiment would just hurt too much. lol

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I really like that second shot with the blue and green behind the icicle. And, what a thinker you have...that'a great question!