Tuesday, February 03, 2009

02/03/09

I hope y'all are not getting tired of snow pics. lol

We may be getting more snow tonight. I must admit that I am not wanting to miss anymore school... even a 2 hour delay. I am still feeling so behind from the days we missed a couple of weeks ago. It causes a teacher's plans/schedule to be more frenzied than normal.

I had a prayer answered yesterday.

It was such a SMALL, minuscule prayer but the Lord saw fit to answer it in the form of "Yes."

I am addicted to Triscuits. I eat them during the morning hours because it keeps my blood sugar in check and I don't get the "shakes" or, worse, get irritable. Well, I got to school Friday and realized I didn't have anymore! I usually buy 3 or 4 boxes at a time to "see me through."

Well, I prayed on Friday that the Lord would help me through the day or see fit for someone to bring me some Triscuits or something to nibble. ha! Well, I didn't get anything on Friday to "nibble" but I was not hungry/shaky/irritable at all and was able to make it to lunchtime. I thanked the Lord for that answered prayer.

But that was not what I was talking about for yesterday's answered prayer.

Yesterday morning I realized as soon as I got to school that I had forgotten to get my Triscuits this weekend! I just figured I'd give it to the Lord and He'd help me through another day just like Friday. Well, one of my first students walks in around 7:15 or so... and guess what that sweet thing had in her hands????? A BOX OF TRISCUITS!

I was stunned in a happy way. lol I was so thankful to the Lord for listening to my silly and small request and answering it with a gift of those Triscuits. I have enjoyed those wonderful crackers these last two days of school. I have thought of the Lord's provision each time I ate one.

Now, I realize this isn't anything newsworthy, but it is important to me that God sees us through even the small things.

Matthew 6:25, 32b
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat (food), and the body than raiment (clothing)?
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I enjoyed reading about your small answered prayer. :)

Katrina said...

What a blessing! I often remind my girls to ask the Lord to help them with the smallest of things. I can not count the times the Lord has given me extra energy and a sweet spirit when I was exhausted. On my own I would be a mess!

Amy said...

God is good all the time!!