Friday, February 20, 2009

02/20/09

Hinges.... they keep your doors from falling on you. Such a necessity!! The door latch is simple, yet efficient. :)



I feel somewhat better tonight than I did last night. Nyquil Sinus Capsules are quite wonderful. I didn't get much accomplished last night except for passing out on the couch. lol... Steve woke me up, walked me to our room and I went right back to sleep. Nyquil = good stuff.

Night before last... my iron died. This was no ordinary iron... this iron has only been used for a couple of years at the most... but was 16 years old. When I "killed" my former iron from when we were married, I brought out this trusty *new* iron that we also received as a wedding present almost 16 years ago. That was so exciting to me that I didn't have to go out and buy one! Well.... I was ironing some pants for Mikayla to wear yesterday when the iron began to falter in its job. I thought it was just the operator but, alas... it was the iron. I was a bit irritated that this iron, which hasn't been overused, quit on me so soon. ::::sigh::::: I had to go buy another one today and I did NOT buy the same brand as the one that just died. lol Ironing is not my favorite thing to do, and I am thankful that we don't live in a society that irons everything possible, but I do need one so we don't look like we have been balled up and thrown away. lol

We have cleaned yet again for our Friday ritual. My sweet Mikayla began *seeing* things that needed cleaning and did them without me asking...quite an accomplishment. Wesley wasn't his normal cleaning self. He passed out on the couch because of his cold/ear infections. He revived after a bit, but not with the same gusto.

I am envisioning a soon bedtime for us all tonight. We are such party people.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Yeah for Nyquil :) I survived on it a few weeks back myself. As for the picture, there's a website called - well, I think it's photofunia.com. You just upload a picture into one of their templates. I stole it from someone else's blog. Someone I don't know, so it's ok :) Have a good weekend!

Amy said...

Cool shots, I really like the angle of the first one. :)