Thursday, February 05, 2009

02/05/09

Since some of you actually "voiced" that you wanted to see my towels, I photographed them for you. lol I know this is probably the most exciting post ever. You can see my poor unraveling towel. These two I photographed are quite bad.... I think the last couple of washes has put them over the edge. I have a lot of work on them! It is almost like they "broke loose" overnight.

Notice the colors are not what I would have had now, I think. I started off our married life with the colors of: "Williamsburg Blue", "Seafoam Green" and "Mauve." Yeah... I wouldn't do those colors over again, but I surely love those towels. lol Anyone else out there changed from what they began with in the "early years" of married life?



Please don't over-analyze my sewing. I didn't claim to be a seamstress when I shared that I was sewing the edges. lol You'll probably have to click on the picture to see that awesome sewing up close.



Today was BITTERLY cold for around here. When the wind blew it felt like it was coming directly off of ice. Playground duty was not a pleasant experience. Thankfully, we didn't go out for first recess and by second recess it had "warmed up" a bit.

Speaking of school.... today I had my kids write sentences with certain Spelling words like I always do on Thursdays (OCD, yes) and one of the words today was "barn." Well, I had several students write a sentence that went something like this:

"Mrs. Fowler lived in a barn when she was little."

HAHA!!! I seriously laughed out loud when I read those. I sweetly corrected them and said that I grew up on a FARM and lived in a HOUSE.

Wesley earned a day off of school for summer work done last summer. (Mikayla did, too....she hasn't taken hers yet.) Wesley is taking his day off tomorrow to go to the Southern Farm Show with Steve. He is beyond excited and I am happy for him.... I just wish we all could go, but this will be a great "Daddy/Son" bonding time. Wesley did tell me today he wished we could all go, too. That made me feel kind of nice. :)

3 comments:

mc said...

Thanks for showing the towels, I just wanted to see how you "fix" them! We are on our 20th anniversary this year! Williamsburg blue was BIG 20 years ago- our comforter, curtains, towels, kitchen, etc!!!

Amy said...

That is really neat how you fix your towels. I had not thought of doing that.

I hope Wesley enjoys his day!!

Amy said...

These are great shots of your towels, your composition makes them seem to be a more interesting subject than towels really are! LOL! My towels get those hang-y things, I just give them a good yank or if I'm feeling like it, I'll head to the kitchen for scissors and cut them. Isn't that what you're supposed to do??? :P