Friday, February 13, 2009

02/13/09

This story was told during our morning devotions at school yesterday and I just loved it. I wanted to share it here so I borrowed my fellow teacher's book to type it all in here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did....



If God Used St
icky Notes

by Chris Shea

Where would you most like to see one and what would you like it to say

If God set out a few sticky notes along your pathway today?


Maybe on the mirror in the bathroom:
Good Morning!

I'll be with you all day. Just pray if you need anything. Love, God

This is the day which the Lord hath made. - Psalm 118:24


Or on the morning newspaper's front page:

Don't let the news get you down. Love, God

Peace be within thee. - Psalm 122:8


On the razor we shave with:

Anything you have to face, I'll be there too. You were made in my reflection after all.... Love, God

Arise, shine; for thy light is come. - Isaiah 60:1


The toothbrush we brush with:

Speak kind words today! Love, God

Then the Lord put forth his hand and touched my mouth. - Jeremiah 1:9


On the carton of milk:

Take care of yourself today. The world has need of you! Love, God

P. S. So do I!

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle. - Psalm 104:14


Or the cereal box:

I hope you will be surprised by joy today! Love, God

Then shall the earth yield her increase. - Psalm 67:6


Or our umbrellas beside the front door:

Take your childlike enthusiasm with you today! Look for good puddles! Love, God

Thou visitest the earth and waterest it. - Psalm 65:9


What if we found them all day long - little colored squares of paper stuck on everything reminding us of God's constancy - His compassion and His care?


A pink one on the doorknob as we head out for the day:

Remember there's nothing you can't do with your hand in mine! Love, God

I will go in the strength of the Lord. - Psalm 71:16


A blue one on a magazine in the doctor's waiting room:

I'm right here beside you! I'll never leave you! Love, God

Put your trust in the Lord. - Psalm 4:5


A yellow one on a taxi door as we head out on a trip:

Have a safe trip and sleep late a day or two! Love, God

For ye shall go out with joy. - Isaiah 55:12


Or a lavender one on the nightstand to read before we sleep:

Sweet dreams! Love, God

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep. - Psalm 4:8


Of course, if we really think about it, God's sticky notes are all around because His messages of goodness always find their way through:

sight

or sound

or fragrance

or touch

into everyone's expectant heart where they stick secure, forever.


A bird in flight

The ocean as it greets the shore

Snow floating down from above

The beautiful sight of a face we love

The sound of a voice we miss

The feel of a hand we love to hold

Each a kind of sticky thought written not with pen and ink but written nonetheless for every heart to keep.


Where would I like to see one and what would I like it to say if God put a little sticky note along your path today?


I'd like him to put it on a star somewhere beyond the moon and I'd like it to say "I love you" as only God could:

"This is how far my love for you goes.... to the moon and back forever!" Love, God


P. S. Always remember:

Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love. - Jeremiah 31:3



2 comments:

Amy said...

These are so cute and so much fun! :)

Amy said...

I love that! Thanks for sharing!!