Thursday, October 27, 2011

10/27/11

Once again, these beautiful fruits are from the Vietnamese garden I showed yesterday.  I can't remember what my brother told me these were, but I know they look like a tomato and pumpkin mixed together!
 

Let's continue with that theme on prayer, shall we?

I had to smile the other night when I opened my devotional for this week and saw it was going to be on prayer.  Then, this morning I opened up my "little" devotional and saw the title "Unceasing Prayer!"  Don't be surprised if you see more of those nuggets from God's Word from me in the next couple of days.  I love how the Lord places things on our hearts and then gives us more "ammo" to use in our daily lives.

Here is the devotion I read for Monday.  It is from my Dwell Devotional.

"But prayer....."  (Acts 12:5)

But prayer is the link that connects us with God.  This is the bridge that spans every gulf and bears us over every abyss of danger or of need.

How significant the picture of the Apostolic Church:  Peter in prison, the Jews triumphant, Herod supreme, the arena of martyrdom awaiting the dawning of the morning to drink up the apostle's blood, and everything else against it.  "But prayer was made unto God without ceasing."  And what was the sequel?  The prison open, the apostle free, the Jews baffled, the wicked king eaten of worms, a spectacle of hidden retribution, and the Word of God rolling on in greater victory.

Do we know the power of our supernatural weapon?  Do we dare to use it with the authority of a faith that commands as well as asks?  God baptize us with holy audacity and Divine confidence!  He is not wanting great men, but He is wanting  men who will dare to prove the greatness of their God.  But God!  But prayer! - A. B. Simpson

You might have an urgent need in your life right now.  Never forget the words, "But prayer...."!  God can take your situation and turn it around.  Do you have faith enough to believe this?  Watch out for a spirit of unbelief; realize that your prayers are God's opportunities. ....

Have an attitude of anticipation along with a worshipful mind-set as you pray.  Agree that God's will in this matter is most important.  Willingly surrender to God's purposes and plans, depending on Him to see you through your dilemma.

Write down your situation and pray for it every single day this week.  Don't give up on your prayer - trust God.

2 comments:

Mich said...

Thank you for sharing...
I love pumpkin, I love tomatoes. Anything that looks or tastes similar to either can't be bad. :)

HAppy Friday!

Sandy said...

Whatever these little beauties are, I love them! Are they edible?