Monday, October 24, 2011

10/24/11

Ornamental pepper plants.... who knew peppers could be so pretty.  Love all the colors!
 

Let's recap the NC State Fair, shall we?  Another year has come and gone.

Funnel cakes - had many this year.  Yummy, but the last one was the best.

Footlong hotdog - yep... have to have one the first week at least.  Don't really know why except it is tradition.

Scrambler - we love that ride.

Cobra - Oh. My. Word.  Rode that with Wesley and Mikayla for the first time this year.  I have never really gotten sick on rides before.  I must be showing my age because while my daughter was screaming how much she loved it, I couldn't wait to get off.  I also had trouble walking after the ride.  Let's just say the equilibrium was OFF.

Bloomin' Onion - We had two this year because Mom was determined she was going to have them. The second one was the best.

Ribbons - we were very blessed and quite tickled.  They came home today.  I found out why they didn't like some of my other stuff.  Hmmm......

Fried Cheese - we tried this for the first time this year.  WOW.  That will now be a new tradition.

Lights at night - I can't get enough of them.  I just wish I could capture what I see with my eyes with my camera.  It is just quite never the same.

Cows - I just love them.
Bunnies - I really wanted one.  Shhh... don't tell the kids.

Village of Yesteryear - love seeing all of the "old" ways.  Too many of those things are becoming a lost art.  Candlemaking anyone?

People Watching - you begin to realize you are pretty normal looking when you observe fair goers.  What some people choose to wear to the fair amazes me.  I saw one lady in heels.  My legs and feet hurt just watching her.
Ice Cream - we get the square kind dipped in chocolate every year.  We have gotten one of those with Daddy for as long as I can remember. 

I had someone tell me the other day that I was the only person they knew that went to the fair more than once.  Unfortunately, she hasn't met the other parts of my family because I have aunts, uncles and cousins that go more than we do.  lol  

We love the fair.
We love the craziness.
We love the food.
We love the experiences of entering items.

But, most of all, we love the memories we share. 

3 comments:

mc said...

We love the fair too! Went on Friday and went to Newsboys concert which was great! It is always neat to hear God's Word proclaimed and look up and see the lit ferris wheel in the background!

wendy said...

I haven't been to a fair in so long, I can't even remember the last time. I used to love spinning, twirling rides too, but not so much now. It's sad. I could never understand why my dad would never ride them with us. Now I know.

Anonymous said...

...and you have friends who love the fair as much as you do!! haha, you know who we are!