Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10/19/11



 
We'll take a little break from my fair pics to get back to the 10 day challenge that has now gone on for 2 weeks.  :)
Six Places are today...

1.  HOME - this is the place I love the most.  At the end of the day, I am happiest to be at home surrounded by my family.

2.  Bar Harbor, Maine - specifically, Acadia National Park - I could have posted pics of all these pics, but didn't have enough time.  However, you can look back on my blog from last year after July and you could probably see the posts from there.  We went there last summer and it has stayed in my heart ever since.  There are no words to describe the beauty.  Steve and I would go back in a heartbeat.. but next time we think we want to fly instead of drive.  :)

3.  Niagara Falls - Steve, Kevin and I went there in 2004.  I can't believe it has been 7 years.  We stayed on the Canadian side and I loved every minute of that place.  For entertainment when we were in our room, we looked out of our hotel window at the falls instead of the TV.  It was humbling to walk beside something so powerful and view God's creation in such a way.  I was more in awe of our great God.

4.  Europe - one day... one day.  I long to go to many places in Europe.  My ancestors were from Germany so it would be neat to spend time there, specifically, but if I could travel in all of the countries there it would be awesome.  Can you just imagine how many photographs I would take?  

5.  Yellowstone National Park/Glacier National Park/Yosemite National Park - need I say more?  I have had several friends who have visited a lot of these in the past year.  I am jealous in a happy way.  :)  I just live vicariously through them until I get to go myself.

6.  The Grand Canyon - I want to experience the awesomeness of God's Creation here, too.  I teach this to my children as I help them understand how God destroyed the earth with The Great Flood.  Evolutionists would like to believe it took millions of years to form that canyon, but my Bible tells me otherwise!  

There are so many other places I long to visit in this world that I know will never happen.  That is OK.. I am just thankful that now we can view pictures of them at the click of a mouse.  That is more than some people have.  Just know, I have lots more than 6 places on a dream list. :)

1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Great list of places to visit! I've always wanted to visit Maine, too! Kevin is on a Grand Canyon kick. But I prefer to fly and he wants to drive, so as of now, we are at an impasse! LOL!