Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10/25/11

This is a Pitcher Plant I was able to see at the fair.  I thought it was so lovely.... it is an unusual plant!

 

Today I am going to share a few quotes to get ready for a post I am "chewing" on in the next day or so.

"Prayer is conversation with God." - Clement of Alexandria

"Prayer is not merely an occasional impulse to which we respond when we are in trouble: prayer is a life attitude." - Walter Mueller

"Seven days without prayer makes one weak." - Allen E. Bartlett

2 comments:

Amy said...

you are a blessing! so thankful for you!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Beautiful plant! :) And I look forward to your post on prayer! Great quotes for inspiration!

Thank you so much for the pictures/cards! I got them in the mail yesterday. Just to show you how God works...a close friend of mine just lost her dad a couple of weeks ago. Her dad was a pastor, and she is active in our church. He had cancer, and although they are certain he is in a much better place today, and rejoicing with His Lord, they are missing him terribly! I wanted to "do" something special for her. Thought of sending her flowers or something along those lines, but it just didn't seem quite right in this situation. So I waited....and then you sent the card you gave the teachers last year! I almost cried when I saw and read it. And I immediately thought of my friend Karen, and how it would minister to her, how she would cherish it. Karen knows that His grace is sufficient to carry them through this journey, but sometimes we need that extra confirmation when our hearts are breaking! So as much as I would liked to have kept it, hope you don't mind that I passed it on! I know it will mean so much to her! ....Now the other card I am framing! They were both beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Sorry for the long comment! Should have just sent you an email, but didn't intend to be this wordy! :)