Thursday, October 06, 2011

10/06/11

 

I'll be speaking in random ways today.  Bear with me.

I learned a very valuable lesson this week.  Are you ready for it?

DO NOT use the Walmart version of Pantene shampoo.  It is NOT the same as Pantene and will cause your hair to look so hideous that by the end of the day you have students asking you what happened to your hair.  I threw it away and bought my real stuff.  It took my hair two days of washing with the REAL stuff to come back to life.  

I read in my devotions last night about the armor of God.  Little did I realize how much of a battle I would face today and how much I would need that.  So thankful for how God gives us things before we even realize we'll need them.

Have I told you lately how much I enjoy my walking?  Just checking.

My MP3 player, even on shuffle, likes to repeat certain songs over and over again.  Thank goodness I finally figured out how to "unfreeze" the thing so I can move to another song if I so choose.

Mother Teresa and Daniel Boone rode to school with me earlier this week.  I came home that same day with Laurel and Hardy.  It was an interesting day to say the least.

I took 830 pictures at the wedding on Saturday.  I have only worked on 57 or so.  Yeah, I have a long way to go.  

I've got to pay bills tonight and I really don't want to but am concerned that someone may come after me for not doing so.  Wouldn't want that, now, would I?

Ever have chipped beef on toast for supper?  We rocked that out at the Fowler house tonight.  Took me back to my childhood days.  Unfortunately, while Steve and I were going down memory lane as we savored every bite, Wesley and Mikayla decided the bread was too soggy and said it was "yuck."  So much for cherishing THAT memory.
I'm listening to Pandora radio - Hymns - right now.  Beautiful and soothing.  Just what I needed after my day.

I really need to go work on those 830 pictures. 

That means I must get off of here.

What did you do today?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't left you any comments lately...but I have been reading, I promise. Today I did a 1 3/4 hour training, worked on some difficult issues with customers, soft tossed baseball in the yard to son, went to daughter's XC meet, oversaw my daughter make cinnamon sticks and graded her for a school project, wrote on my friend's blog and will hopefully manage to stay awake to watch my favorite show...The Mentalist from 10-11....hmmm, my sleepy eyes better get some toothpicks. So long my friend!

StacyZotter said...

Ditto on the apology for not writing in a long time. I love following you, just not the writing back! I will try to do better...it's the least that I can do after you followed us across the US! Today, let me see...Homeschooled 2 daughters, work meeting at Panera, worked on a company policy manual, composed/responded to 1486 emails (at least it felt like that many), rode scooters at "recess" with the girls down our newly paved subdivision street, went to drug store for husband's perscription, grocery store for staples, watched the WCA cross country meet, played Pictionary Jr with the fam, read Far Side of the Mountain (love Sam Gribley!) with Maddie, wrote on friends blog, connected with a few college friends on FB, going to fall asleep watching Cal v. Oregon. But all in all it was a pretty slow day! Sort of like yours!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Well, my day wasn't really that exciting! Went to work, (work two days a week), and bought my children a pair each of African Dwarf Aquatic Frogs from the local toy store. They loved them, and I am currently the best mom in the world! LOL! And tonight I'm enjoying Ashley being home from Meredith for fall break! And scratch what I said about the laundry situation and being responsible in my comment to you a couple of days ago; she came home bearing a LARGE suitcase full of dirty clothes! LOL! Oh well, she had a tough week last week, ...mid-terms.

I must say, your excitement for walking is encouraging! Thinking I need to crank up Pandora Hymns and hit the sidewalk myself! :)