Wednesday, October 05, 2011

10/05/11

 
I hope you are enjoying "Daisy Week." 




Today I get to do "nine loves."  I think these will be easier than the secrets.  haha!  I am writing them as I think of them so don't think they are in any particular order.  Well, except for the first and second ones.

1.  My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Without Him I am nothing.  With Him I can do anything.  He has carried me through many storms in my life and taught me much.  There is no love without Christ.

2.  My family.  Of course.  :)

3.  Photographing.  I especially love the details of life, if you haven't already noticed.  Too many times we let the details slip away unnoticed because we are rushing past them.  Photography has given me the ability to slow down and capture that.  I hope that you enjoy those captures on here.

4.  My children laughing.  The older they get the more I hear them laugh with each other, laugh at me and with me, or laugh just because.  Yesterday was one of those days that I heard their laughter and it made me laugh.  They are a blessing in my life.

5.  Reading God's Word and soaking in His truths.  

6Teaching.  I really do love sharing knowledge with my students and watching them grow in so many ways.  Some days are extremely hard and most days are exhausting, but it is worth it.

7.  Walking.  I think I have become obsessed.  :)  I used to not enjoy exercising at all.  It was the last thing I wanted to do when I got home from school.  I have found that if it is the first thing I do when I get home that I can release a lot from my day and move on to other things.  I have also found I have more energy... which I need because of the above mentioned "love" in my life. I truly pray I can keep it up even when that cold air hits.  That is my desire, at least.

8.  Making jams and jellies.  No, really.. I do.  My brother has created a monster and he has admitted that.  This is good.... admitting something is the first step.

9.  A home that is lived in.  It is not perfect.  We have messes... as I type this our bedroom looks a bit like something of a nightmare by the perfectionist standards, but I have learned to let those things go in some ways and learned to live.  I can't always have everything perfect, but the love we share in this house can be as perfect as we can make it with the Lord's help.  I think that is what makes a house a home.

2 comments:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing this personal insight. We get to know you much better! :)

Mich said...

Love your list. Pray you are having a great week enjoying all those beautiful things and people on your list.