Sunday, October 16, 2011

10/16/11

I know you have been waiting for the results of the fair... at least, I think you may have. :)

We started the day off finding all of Kevin's peppers, etc... that he grew.  He won many different ribbons, but right now the exact knowledge of those ribbons has escaped me.  Just know he did a lot better than my poor Steve... who got nothing on his okra or squash.  

Next, we went to the honey section in the Expo Building to find Wesley's honey muffins.  He got Third Place!  We were tickled for him.  (If only I had taken those muffins out immediately, he may have gotten a little higher... live and learn!)
 

Next, we made our way to the Exhibit Buildings to find out about our baked goods and canned goods.

What did we see upon arriving?....
OH. MY. WORD.  My Jalapeno Jelly earned First Place and Best of Show!  I ran to the cabinet... yeah, I was a bit geek-like, but I was kinda tickled.  Of course, this is good because none of my other things won anything. lol
Mikayla got Honorable Mention on her Strawberry Jam.
 

Wesley got First Place on his Strawberry/Peach Jam!

Kevin got First Place on his Jalapeno Peppers he had preserved.  This was the only thing he entered in food preservation so that is awesome!
 
Then we begin to search for Wesley and Mikayla's baked goods and this is what we found!...

 

OH. MY. WORD. AGAIN.
Wesley earned First Place and Best of Show for his peanut brittle!!
Mikayla earned Honorable Mention for her brownies and her chocolate pound cake.
 

Kevin earned First Place for his blueberry muffins.
 

Mikayla also earned First Place on her blueberry muffins!
My photograph didn't win anything as I knew it wouldn't... but here I am pointing to my displayed pic.  :)
Wesley's Lego creation didn't win, either, but he did get a Participation Ribbon which is nice.  He got to see how the others were so that gave him ideas for next year.  He's already said he needs more Legos.
 

Another year of entries is over, but we all did our best and that is what counts.  We're already thinking about next year.  Of course.. I think I can wait a year for the busyness to commence again.

9 comments:

Gretchen said...

Well, I know from personal experience that the jam and jelly are definitely ribbon worthy! woot woot!
Cheering for you all!

wendy said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons! I feel like I some how personally know the really popular fair people!!! I think it's really neat that your family is creating wonderful memories by how you work together with all your creations. Did you enter a scrapbook page this year?

PS - I think your photo should've been a winner. It's beautiful.

Sandy said...

I'm not a bit surprised at the win on that pepper jelly!!! I have savored every bite of mine!
Congratulations to all of you!!!

Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

I went yesterday and saw those Fowler names. :) Y'all are famous at the fair. Congratulations!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

That was awesome!!! Sounds like ya'll did very well! Congratulations to you and Wesley for a Best of Show each, and to Mikayla for her ribbons as well!!! Wish that I had gone to the fair this year. Would have been neat to see your photo in the photography section and think...I know her! :)

Ivey said...

Congratulations--best of show ribbons--that is awesome! :)

Lori E said...

Wow! That is awesome! COngratulations to all of you on your ribbons! I know who to visit if I get hungry.... :)

Mich said...

Congrats! I know the kiddos were excited. I am so impressed at the baking and canning skills of your children. Way to go Mom!

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo I am so proud of all of you !!
Tell my Steve, he gets a best in show from me. He's the best!!
Love - Love