Tuesday, June 30, 2009

06/30/09

This is a fruit bat and the largest in the world. It is found in Asia... Indonesia, I believe? These were at Animal Kingdom and it was wild seeing them so up close. They look like a furry little cutie thing with bat wings and they HAVE to hang upside down. If I remember correctly their blood flows opposite of ours? (Kevin can correct me if I am wrong.) The keepers of the bats allow it to "rain" each day on these fruit bats so that is what is happening in the picture. You can click on it to see the detail of the rain spatter. Pretty neat. :)


Didn't get any scrapbooking done today because we were at school doing inventory on the new school books that have arrived. We're not going to talk about school, though... nope, can't go there right now.

After we inventoried, Wesley had speech and so our day was caught up in all of that. Wesley is doing SO well with his speaking and self-correcting his /r/ sound. The therapist is very pleased with his progress in just three weeks!

Mikayla is beginning piano lessons next Tuesday! She is so excited and I am for her as well. Her teacher is going to be one that teaches her classically... meaning she will learn each note and what it does without "easy learning" modes. It is going to be tough, but she is used to her mother, so she should be fine. LOL Her teacher is from China and learned to play the piano the way she is teaching. She is an excellent teacher who only expects her best from her students. I am right there with her so I think it is great.

I'm planning on another all day scrap-a-thon tomorrow. lol :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the bat picture!! Glad to hear you are getting some scrapping done. I NEED to find some time to do some myself. I getting SO FAR behind!!

Amy said...

That is how my girls learn piano too. :) They do a lot of theory too.