Saturday, June 20, 2009

06/20/09

Today is my birthday. I'm 25. lol :)

My Mother-in-Law blessed me this morning with an email with this verse:

Psalm 91:11 - For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

I thought of that verse off and on all day. What a blessing to know God is watching over me and He sends His "angels unaware" to us to help us through the days. Thank you, Mrs. Wiggs, for my birthday blessing!!! :)

Katie (my former student that just graduated and who is now more my friend) came up with wanting to do a picture of the day involving a word. I decided it would be neat to challenge to myself artistically so I wanted to join her in this adventure this summer. I honestly cannot say that EVERY DAY we will accomplish this goal, but we will do our very best. She knows I'll stay on her and I know she'll stay on me. :) Her first word was yesterday and I am already a day behind. I caught up with today's word but I already have a ton of pictures so I decided to just post this one. "WORK"

Now, let me just say that I am finding it isn't as easy to capture a word in a photograph. You'll see by my word for today which I'll show tomorrow. However, "work" became a challenge, too. lol (It could be that I am letting my perfectionistic self overule and not just flow with it, too!!!)

Anyway, I photographed me cleaning yesterday and that wasn't so great. Then, as I began to let my mind wander through the word "WORK" I began to think of my parents and their own work ethic. I then began to narrow it down to my Daddy's hands because they show hard work of many years. I have always loved my Daddy's hands and even wrote a poem about them when I was in high school. I made him "work" for me today to show a little of that. What I really would love to and should do is follow him around in a day. I think we'd all be tired from just the photographs of what he does in a day. I am so thankful for the hardworking spirit and the lack of laziness that is evident in my parents!

I hope these pics give you the sense of "work."


Now for our Disney tour for the day:

Last Wednesday we went to Animal Kingdom and took the Safari. There are parts of Animal Kingdom I really enjoyed and other parts of the way it was designed caused me to feel a bit closterphobic. lol The safari was neat and we got to see some animals that I had not seen before.

Case in point... can't remember the name of these "cows" but they have huge horns. (Kevin will be correcting me so no worries on the name... just check my comments and you'll find out.)

Baby Giraffes

flamingos

GORILLA

No, we didn't see this guy on the safari. lol This is Flik from "Bug's Life" and we love that movie so, of course, we stood in line to get his autograph and a picture. :)

We found air conditioning!! We watched the NEMO Musical and it was great!

I was just taking my camera and shooting random shots at this point. We were all SO TIRED and the air condition felt good. Even though this is a crummy photograph, I love what it captured.

waiting for the show to begin!

Nemo and his dad, Marlin

Mr. Ray!!! all of the kids are going to school on a "field trip"

Crush... DUDE...

Nemo and his buddies in the Fish Tank.... DARLA!!!

Another part of the Animal Kingdom - Komodo Dragon... one that will eat you. Don't want to get near THAT!

Have no idea what this bird is but it is pretty!

The Tree in the middle of Animal Kingdom. It has really neat carvings all over it. I wish I had been able to see it more closely but, again, there wasn't enough time to do everything. lol

That night we ate at the Animal Lodge Boma African Restaurant. It was awesome food... a buffet... which Steve loved. lol


It was Kevin's birthday so we celebrated him that day!

While waiting for our bus I made him stand under the "CELEBRATE" Disney sign and point to it. He was none too happy with me but I told him to get over it. He only has his birthday at Disney once, probably. lol

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Katrina said...

Oh Happy Belated Birthday Kellie. Your Mother-in-Law is a blessing!

Great pictures, I really like the first one of your Dad's hands on the rake.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! If this was a competition...you so just won with that one picture of your dad's hands. I love it! Mine was so pathetic...as you could see I didn't put much thought into that one. You just challenged me to think bigger with the "word" of the day girl!

Did I mention that I love that picture!?!

Amy said...

What a great shot of your dad's hands! The Nemo show looks fun! :)

Kevin said...

They were Ankole or Watusi Cattle. The bird is a Masked Lapwing.

Amy said...

I am late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!

You did an amazing job with the word picture. I LOVE those!!!!!