Sunday, June 14, 2009

06/14/09

When you wish upon a star.. makes no difference who you are...


We are back from Disney!! :)


Let's just say it was a lonnnnggggg ride down there. lol Glad we were able to split it up into two days to and from Disney.

We had such a good time but are also glad to be back home. It was SO HOT down there, though, and that was the worst part. But, I have to go when I can since I can't go during school so we made the best of it.

I will say... there were some things I (and we all!) learned along the way of this visit to Disney - 27 years later (or for the first time for Steve and the kiddos). lol


1. I didn't realize how watching my children get excited over something like this would get me excited.

2. I shed some tears when Mikayla finally got to "meet" Cinderella in person.

3. I couldn't believe I shed tears over my daughter meeting a perfect stranger dressed up in a costume.

4. We waited in line for A LONG TIME for many of those perfect strangers dressed up in costume just to get a quick photograph and an autograph.

5. I never realized how much I would photograph my children with those perfect strangers and not be able to put the camera down.

6. We couldn't believe what some people chose to wear... or NOT wear to events at the parks. Hmmmm....

7. I didn't realize just how HOT walking NEAR a person could make you. Did you know just the thought of touching another human being, whether they were your own child or not, would cause you to sweat profusely in the hot, humid temps of Florida??? I didn't think you could sweat THAT much. I was wrong. (Of course, I realize it was this hot at home, but I wouldn't be walking on pavement all day at home, either.)

8. I think we walked 5,678 miles in 9 days.

9. I hate strollers and scooters.

10. The Magic Kingdom truly is magical.

11. I couldn't believe my Daddy "shagged" his way to the Rockin' Roller Coaster ride when they played the Aerosmith music for us to enter while we were at Hollywood Studios. lol The Disney Attendant there just shook her head. Hey, we were excited, what can I say???

12. Steve is very persistent about his ketchup....

13. Disney has awesome food... of which I think I gained many pounds this week and will have to eat only yogurt and carrots the rest of the summer.

14. I enjoyed hearing all of the languages from around the world from people visiting.

15. I was excited to read the Disney Attendant's name tags to see where they were from. I was amazed at how far around the world some of those people were from and now work there. It was awesome.

16. We found out some Disney restaurants were not "normal." (We had to do the hokey pokey in the middle of our meal at one of them... lol)

17. We were thankful we bought the meal plan or we would have spent $1,255.67 on meals alone this week.

18. I found out how WONDERFUL a Dole Whip was.... (It is pineapple soft serve icecream and it is beyond words. My favorite was the "swirl" of pineapple and vanilla soft serve together. Stinkin' good....)

19. I soon found out that you could spend all day at Magic Kingdom and only get 3 autographs and ride one ride before fireworks began.

20. We found out we need a vacation from our Disney vacation because you are going so fast for so long each day that you are just plain worn out. There was so much that we did I will never be able to write about it all, but it was great. :)

My new camera was awesome and I can't wait to show more pics. I won't show ALL of them because there are just too many, but I'll pick and choose.

I love going on a trip, but I always love coming back home. I am so thankful for what the Lord has given to us and thankful all was well when we returned.

Now back to reality. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one am so glad you all are back home ,I have really missed reading your blog every day ,not to mention that I missed all of you . I am so glad you all had such a good time. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Love Mrs. Wiggs

Amy said...

AWESOME fireworks shot!!! So happy you had fun and selfishly that you're back so I can hear all about it! :)

Katrina said...

That fireworks shot is great! Your list was very fun to read. Glad you are home safe and sound. Looking forward to your Disney pictures.

Amy said...

I loved reading your list. So glad y'all had a wonderful time!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!