Sunday, June 21, 2009

06/21/09

This is part of a clematis bloom. I am finding the "dead" parts of flowers can be just as beautiful as when the bloom is in all its glory.


Happy Father's Day!! I am so blessed by the Father I have and by the Father I watch with my children each day. They are two wonderful men!!! My life is so rich with them!

I was also reminded today of my Heavenly Father and what He does for me each day. We all know the "Lord's Prayer" from Matthew. That prayer is something that is sung about, repeated by memory and shared in so many ways that I think sometimes we fail to see the real meaning because it becomes "everyday."

Last night as I was reading part of it the verse that says "Give us this day our daily bread" really stuck out to me. I was thinking of Steve and my Daddy as they have provided for me and our families. I began to read that verse with more understanding, too. We are to pray for each day for God to provide. Take each day as it comes and see how the Lord blesses. I know that, and have known that, but it is always neat to see how the Lord takes just a few words and drives home His point to us even more. It was something I needed to "hear."

He is our Father. The One Who gives us all we need. Just as our earthly fathers provide, our Heavenly Father grants us so much more in provisions. We just have to trust Him each day and not worry about tomorrow. He is always there, holding us, comforting us, and providing. What a wonderful promise!

Here is more of Disney:
Pinocchio :)

Ariel from "The Little Mermaid"

We were walking along to get the autographs of more characters when we were stopped by the day parade. On this day all of the princesses were out and we walked up in time to see Cinderella. Mikayla was beyond thrilled and it made me excited for her. If you click on the photo you can see her up on Steve's shoulders waving frantically at Cinderella. :)

Thursday night we went to the Polynesian resort for a luau. It was so hot, but thankfully we were able to cool off a bit and enjoy the festivities of the show.

Mom and Dad sportin' their leis.

Steve and I are "glistening...."

The kiddos and Kevin. Wesley cracks me up.

The kids got to go up and try to hula dance... Wesley is in the middle and looking a bit lost.

Mikayla was right up in front and doing her "thang"

whole group of kids

Later, they asked those who had June birthdays to get up on stage to hula.... Here is Kevin... looking mighty good in his lei.

Here am I thinking... this woman beside me is getting into this a little too much and I can't follow this person leading the hula because it takes me a while to grasp dancing concepts. This white woman can't dance very well. lol

Here are some of the native dress and dances. Wish I could have captured them better but the people in the table in front of us were in the way and it would have been rude of me to go up front. lol




This guy was a fire twirler... or whatever you call that. lol He was awesome!

Later we went back to Magic Kingdom to do a little shopping. Don't you want to buy this crystal version of Cinderella's castle? It is only $37,500.00!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your thoughts about Fathers Day! The pictures of You & Steve, and your Mom & Dad were just precious. Now Charles & Me want to go to disney.

Amy said...

The luau looks like it was a lot of fun! I can't even imagine the heat though, I wouldn't have glistened, I would have melted! :)

Amy said...

We have never did the luau. It looks like fun!!!