Monday, June 22, 2009

06/22/09

I love summer... I love the laid back days and no set place to go each day. :) We went for a walk tonight and it was great. The kids rode their bikes while we walked and it was so fun to watch...

Here is my next "word picture of the day"... but Katie and I have decided to do a "Word picture of the WEEK." LOL We don't want it to be stressful and with her getting ready for college, we think doing it a week at a time will give more time to think on it.

Here is pictures for the word "refreshing"... it was easy but a challenge all at the same time. This is what we felt on a day near 100 degrees....

Water.... who can resist water? Refreshing at its best!

This is what made me think of the word "refreshing".... Steve began watering the garden and it was SO hot that it made me think of how those plants are feeling "refreshed" at that moment. I took several of the sprinkler and the first is for Steve because he wanted more of the garden showing. lol I also like how the old tractor is in the background.

This is mine and Wesley's favorite. He thought this was "AWESOME, MOM"... lol I do like the clarity of the sprinkler even though it was moving back and forth. What a refreshing thing for those plants!
More Disney!!! Almost done... maybe another day or two... are y'all tired of them yet!?????

Winnie and Tigger... we waited in line for a LONG time and they went inside 3 times while we waited for a break... which we totally understood because it was so hot.

This photo MUST be clicked on to see it larger. These characters were totally IN CHARACTER!!! They cracked us up and Wesley's expression is priceless. Those wicked stepsisters and the stepmother of Cinderella were SOMETHING.

Captain Hook and his sidekick.

Eating our last Dole Whips... oh, I miss those things.


I HAD to get a picture of me in a Mickey hat. Didn't buy it, just tried it on. Probably should have bought it.

Our last shot at Disney... this was a sad moment for us.

Mom, Dad and Kevin at the same spot.

That night at Epcot we went for Mikayla's Princess Dinner. It was at the Norwegian Castle in the International Area... very neat place.

Princess Aurora... (Sleeping Beauty)

Wesley was looking out for Mikayla because he could see the princesses coming out from the back. It was so fun to watch their interactions.

She saw Cinderella....and the fork stopped mid-eating.

She talked to Cinderella like she had known her all her life. Literally... talked the girl's ears off. lol

Cinderella loved that she was on Mikayla's shirt!

I was snapping so many pictures of this interaction it was ridiculous. I think this was the highlight of the trip for me knowing how much this meant to Mikayla Girl.

Priceless to me.

Snow White :)

Ariel was hilarious... Wesley was all about some Ariel.

She found out Wesley had made faces in previous pictures I had tried to take so she joined in! Click on this to see it larger. She was a great sport!

At the table at the "castle."


Dessert... Oh. My. Goodness.

Waiting for the light show at Epcot to begin


Light show... I didn't have a great view because of a building and trees, but it was OK for what we enjoyed. :)



The fountain in front of the "golf ball" of Epcot as we were leaving after the light show. So pretty. :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wow...we thought somewhat alike on the water thing for refreshing. I really like both of them! The up close sprinkler one is AWESOME...but tell Mr. Steve that the one with his garden in it is AWESOME too! (hee hee) His garden looks nice and "refreshed" now! : )

Kelly said...

I agree whole-heartely on summer...I love the laid back days!! And, I love your photography--you've got such a great talent. (one that I wish I had, but I finally figured out I don't have the eye for it) I especially love the one of your dessert...my mouth started watering looking at it (can you tell food is the way to my heart). ;0)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Catching up on everything. I am so happy you had a nice time. I'm sure Wesley & Mikayla will tell me all about it when I see them.

Amy said...

LOVE the sprinkler picture!!!! It is AWESOME :-)

Nope, I am not tired of your Disney pictures!! I LOVE them. They are getting me even more excited about our upcoming trip! Keep them coming :-)

Love all the pictures of the princess dinner! It looks like Mikayla had a wonderful time.

Katrina said...

I too love that sprinkler picture!

The princess dinner from our Disney trip was the hightlight for my girls. They screamed out loud in Ariel's Grotto (that is the restaurant). I have loved your vacation pictures.