Wednesday, June 17, 2009

06/17/09

A geranium just beginning to bloom.


My heart is heavy for a friend today who lost her mother to a heart attack. I don't know the details but I believe it was sudden. In my Bible study today I read a lot on what Christ did for us on the cross and how He took the pain of the cross on Him so we wouldn't have to bear it. Today reminds me that even though we have that hope in Christ there are still those trials that we must face. Here is another excerpt from what I read in my Bible study by Beth Moore today and a few verses that go with it. I am praying this for my friend... and a few others today.

"The words of Whitney Houston's hit song, "The Greatest Love of All," still ring in my ears from time to time: "I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow. If I fail, if I succeed, at least I did what I believed. No matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dignity.." Wrong, Whitney. They can take away your dignity. And we'd better learn to walk in Someone's shadow, because in those moments when we are vulnerable and exposed, the shadow of the Almighty may be the only covering we have!"

Psalm 91
1 - He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 - I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

4 - He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Something I wrote today in my "think about it" section was this:

I am continuing to see that I must put my faith in God, let the worries fall away, and realize He sees the full picture of my life. Whatever I suffer will never compare with what He suffered for me. Because of that, He is always there for me.

Faith is easy when life is "good" but it can waiver so easily when things turn downward. God is seeing the bigger picture right now for my friends who are hurting even though we can't see it and our faith needs to stand strong.


Here are more of our adventures:

Epcot! I loved the signs Disney had for their theme for the year.

Mom and Dad walked like this every day pretty much all day while we were there. This was so common for me growing up, too. (I asked Steve why he wouldn't hold my hand and he said it was too hot. hee hee... I had to pick on him, you know.)

Near the Nemo "ride" where we saw lots of fish in an aquarium area. I loved this little display!

Another view of the "golf ball" of Epcot as we affectionately called it. There were butterflies made out of the bushes so Mikayla was all about that!

Mexico area... I loved all of the international areas. I would have loved to have spent more time in each one but we just didn't have all of that!

Mikayla found Mulan in the China area. We saw an AWESOME acrobatics show in that area as well but because I was behind a zillion people I didn't get to photograph any of it. I really hate that I didn't get any.

These are mini statues of the tomb in China for the King that had all of these soldiers "guarding" the tomb. Right now I can't remember the name of it. Kevin and I thought the similarities between how the Chinese and Egyptians buried their kings was interesting. I'd love to visit the actual site some day.

My up close shot didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. It was really low light and I was trying to snap this before everybody left me. lol

We watched a "China 360" film but before we went in we listened to this woman play a Chinese instrument. It was very good. The movie was great and showed lots of areas of China.

Wesley was not thrilled that I asked for another picture of them with something. This was only Monday so he had to get used to a LOT of pictures. lol

From the "Italy" area of Epcot. I loved the International area the best.

In "Italy"

Outside of "Morocco"... it was hot and we were very tired so we had a bit of a break. They had a Morroccan band playing and they were a bit loud at the time. I was glad to step away from that. lol That night we ate at the Moroccan restaurant. We got to see a live belly dancer while we decided on our meals. Wesley and Mikayla were quite intrigued by that. lol

Near the Canada area of Epcot... Bambi and friends!

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE that geranium picture....just beautiful!!

Again I am enjoying all your pictures and hearing about your trip!! You will have fun scrapping all those pictures!!

Did you get to do Turtle Talk With Crush??? It is one of our favorite things in Epcot.

mc said...

Sorry for your friend, Kellie. I love your pictures of Epcot. I wish we had more time for that part,too. We had one of our sit-down meals in Japan. It was SO good and the servers were really great! Did you see the seagulls outside the NEMO ride that were saying, "mine, mine" LOL

Amy said...

I'm so sorry for your friend. EPCOT was my favorite part of WDW, I want to go back and spend a lot more time there. I'm loving the shot of your parents, how sweet!

And your photos are of the Terracotta Army, they were buried with Qin Shi Huang Di, the first Emperor of China. Anika could tell you all about it, we studied it quite a bit last year and she was fascinated by that unit. When we were in Austria, we were fortunate enough to see a traveling exhibit that we had no idea was there beforehand. Anika was beside herself with excitement!