Thursday, June 18, 2009

06/18/09

You know how I love rain droplets on things. I took this before Disney when it had rained one evening. These are some daylilies in our yard.


I thought this was funny. Here I was trying to do my Bible study one day this week and Isabelle plops on top of what I am doing. It was a challenge to read the Scripture! Her favorite place to sleep near me is by the monitor on the desk. lol


Today I went out photographing various things with one of my former students "Katie Mac" and it was a great time. The kids were at VBS so it gave us a chance to be in our element and not worry about the kids falling in the pond or something. lol She is heading off to college to study photography in the fall. I told her I'd teach her a few things now and she can teach me things later. :) We saw some interesting things and learned how to see some things in a new light... like TREE STUMPS. (Right, Katie!???) It was a challenge for both of us to look on Creation and find something extraordinary out of the ordinary.

Here are more from our Disney adventures:

Here we were at Hollywood Studios. Here is Frozone from "The Incredibles"

We love the Incredibles!!!

We went into the Animation studio and were able to learn to draw a character. The guy chose Eeyore. I will admit that when I first looked down on my work space and realized there was no eraser I was a bit panicked. I am a perfectionist in a lot of ways and an eraser helps things. Well, the guy began talking about all we had and said "There are no erasers and that is OK"... lol He taught us how to sketch lightly at first and then go back over it with darker strokes once we had the lines we wanted. I looked over at Wesley and saw he was having the same issue as me without the eraser but we learned to move through it and we all did pretty well!

Wesley, Mikayla and Kevin drawing their Eeyores

Steve, Mom and Dad doing the same

My "Masterpiece"... not too bad :)

Rockin' Rollercoaster... one of our favorite rides! (Mikayla wasn't as thrilled with it, but I was glad she rode it with me.)

Another view of the huge electric guitar

Prince Caspian... so serious!

Aslan's Stone Table from the Chronicles of Narnia

Woody and Buzz Lightyear from "Toy Story" (I am SO excited about "" coming out next June!!)

Tower of Terror... I was afraid to ride this at first because I don't do well with going down from high places. I rode it in honor of one of my best friends who told me I had better ride it. lol It was so much fun and I would have loved to have ridden it again. Wesley rode it (not Mikayla) and he actually had a hard time with the "Twilight Zone Ghosts"... kept wondering if they were real and such. He took the entire ride a bit too literally. Not sure if he'll ever ride that again. lol

Lightning McQueen and Mater!!!

In the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground area. I just loved the roll of film area. lol I will say, that playground was a bit hard to find your children in, though. We didn't see the kids for a while even with me looking for them. I finally told them they had to come by where Steve and I sat often so we'd know they were OK! It has lots of tunnels and areas to "hide."

Looking at the Fireworks display that night at Hollywood Studios

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellie, I just love all the pictures . I know you all had fun eventho it is very tiring.Everyone looked so good, and boy what smiles. Mrs Wiggs

mc said...

Kellie-We're still loving your posts. When we went to Disney in 2004, the boys were 5 and 8 and Will got lost in that playground! I will never forget it- we thought we were watching them, glad to hear it wasn't just us! Love your photos of the Incredibles!

Katrina said...

I love all your Disney pictures. What fun memories you have made.
That is one silly kitty you have!

Amy said...

Loving all your pictures and hearing about all the fun y'all had!!

The Aerosmith rollercoaster is one of our favs too!!!

Amy said...

You did great on your Eeyore drawing, I think we drew Pooh when we took the class at Disneyland.

Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides, Allyson and I ride it over and over each time we're at DL! Anika rode it once and that was too much for her, she did not like it one bit, the 'ghosts' also did her in.

And I'm also anxiously awaiting Toy Story 3!!! I was recently at a party that John Lassiter was at and it was all I could do to not ask him a million questions about it. Actually, that was what I wanted to do, I'm a huge chicken and didn't say a word to him! :)