Wednesday, June 03, 2009

06/03/09

This is the sunflower from my Mother's Day flowers. I took several views of them and I think this was one of my favorites.


The kids were really excited when they found out we are going to Disney on Friday. It was neat to see their reactions. Mikayla smiled really big and Wesley fell out on the couch. lol We've been busy all day trying to get ready. I love that element of surprise but I must admit it has caused me a bit of stress before the trip because of trying to get everything done before we go on such short notice. Thankfully, they had no clue that me doing the office so quickly had anything to do with our trip. lol

My camera is to arrive tomorrow. :) I have to be home when it is delivered so I'll be packing and doing last minute preparations for Friday while anxiously waiting. It will definitely get a good first use workout in the next 10 days!

I am having to remind myself to "be still" in the last few days. With so much to do I haven't had the time to "be still" before the Lord as I desire. One thing I did, that I am not sure if you can tell it from the photo yesterday, is put 3 little books underneath my lamp to make it a bit higher. They are little devotionals and one book on joy that I have had for a while. I love them because not only do they make my lamp higher, but they have these titles: "Faith for a lifetime... A Gentle Spirit... Joy That Lasts...." What great reminders everytime I go for the light to remember how I am to be with my Lord, with my family/others and myself.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my new office? :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Enjoy that camera, I'm so excited for you! I hope you took some time to rest this evening. :)