Wednesday, June 24, 2009

06/24/09

Here is a picture of "one that got away"... lol I was going to take a picture of a skink (lizard) and he was on top of this stump.... well, as I was taking the picture, he "got away"... His tail was all that I got!! I photoshopped him out because I liked the stump against the green background. I was highly disappointed that I missed him... but such is my luck with animals!!!!

I am fixing string beans (green beans) from our garden for supper tonight. Steve had picked some night before last and then as I was snapping them I wanted a few more so I went outside to see if there were more hanging. For me, to go in the garden was huge. lol I really do wish I was more "outdoorsy" and loved getting into flowerbeds and gardens, but it isn't always my joy. LOL I picked through all of the bean plants and was quite tickled with myself. lol Hopefully Steve will be proud of his woman.... I am looking forward to having them for supper tonight!!

Here are the last pictures "officially" from the vacation. I have others that I'll show individually. :)

We stopped over in Brunswisk, Georgia on the way back home and spent Saturday night there. We got up the next morning and made our way to St. Simon's Island to see the lighthouse. It was not going to be opening until 1:30 because it was Sunday so we just took some pictures of the outside of it, Steve and the kids walked on the beach and Kevin and I went to the pier. They have a neat bridge that goes over to Jekyll Island, Georgia that you could see from that pier, but I didn't have my telephoto lens on and my pictures are pretty pitiful. Here are some shots of the lighthouse and of the beach/sound area. It was a beautiful place that seems like it would be a nice relaxing place to stay. After we stopped there we drove 7 more hours home. We were all exhausted. lol We miss Disney... and it seems the longer we are away from it the more the kids miss it. Minus the heat it really was a wonderful trip. One day we'll be back in the COOLER weather, Lord willing. :) Enjoy these:




Finding all kinds of great stuff on the shore.

gulls fighting over a crab we thought

I don't know if this was part of a former pier or not but these two poles were just stuck out in the sound area. Click on it to see the birds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want the vacation pictures to be over! Just kidding, they were all so good. I love Sea World, and the dolphins. Tell Wesley I think he really likes Ariel. Ha/HaAnd makayla fits right in with all those princess's
Love Mrs. Wiggs

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like string beans. :-)

Amy said...

I agree with Mrs. Wiggs, I don't want the vaca pics to end! :)

Amy said...

I just picked some string beans from our garden. We will have them tomorrow for supper. :-)

Such great pictures! We have been wanting to go to St. Simon's and Jekyll Island. We are talking about stopping by on our way home from FL. It looks like a beautiful place!