Thursday, June 25, 2009

06/25/09

Here are some pictures of a daylily with water droplets. I am amazed at how I get "giddy" over water droplets on plants and such. This one in particular intrigued me because you can see the reverse image of the side of our house and another daylily bloom in one of these. You may need to click on them to see them larger. :)


I just have to share how the Lord guided my steps in the last couple of days. :)

We have been "throwing back and forth" the idea of Mikayla beginning piano lessons. When Steve talked with the lady at our church who would teach her, Mikayla became very excited. When I began to ask around about pianos and such, I began to be a bit discouraged because they cost so much.

We could have begun her on a keyboard, but keyboards do not have weighted keys and that would only work for her for a few months. I knew we would have to go ahead and "bite the bullet" and find one. I kept asking around and getting opinions and prices from people for a few weeks. Every time I asked I became a little more unsure as whether this would be a reality. We had even moved around our dining room to find a "place" for a piano but, just not sure whether it would all work out. I started to look at that area this week and knew that if we didn't go ahead and do something, and kept putting it off, it would never come to be anyway!

Well, yesterday I began to ask another person about one and they again told me the higher prices. Then she told me to check on Craig's List. I have never used that before but Steve had and I knew others who had found things. Well, this morning I began to think about it and decided to look, praying about it as I was finding the correct area. I have no idea about musical instruments so I needed help!!!

My first section on a piano was one that was a Wurlitzer and it looked a lot like the one my Mom and Dad have. The lady had just posted it today at midnight!!! The price was MUCH lower than what I had been expecting to find and it said "excellent condition." Now, I realize it can say that but may not actually BE that way. I called the lady and talked with her about it, then I called one of my friends who is an awesome pianist and she agreed to go with me to see it. We scheduled it for Saturday.

A little later the woman called me back saying she had four other emails regarding the piano and wanted to know if I wanted to come earlier so that she could respond back to those people if I didn't want it. She wanted to give me "first look" since I had called first. I appreciated that courtesy.

Knowing how I am, this was a "rash" decision for me. I have to take time to "chew" on a major anything before I do it! Since she was wanting a response I just said "How about today at 2:00??" and she was fine with that. I called my friend back and she was ready and could come right then. :) While she was coming I began to get that nervous/jittery feeling of "WHAT AM I DOING?" but I just sat down and prayed that the Lord would give me peace, guide my steps and help me to know whether this piano should be purchased or not. I began to feel that peace come over me and have had it ever since. I can't explain it.

We got there and my friend played it and it was great. We looked at the hammers of the keys and they were fine and she checked out the sound board as best as she could and said it looked great. (All of these things are not on my list of knowledge, you know.) She told me it was a great piano and a GREAT price and we'd be foolish not to go for it.

I did it... I told her we'd take it. I was at peace about it the entire time! Usually when I spend money like that on a "whim" I feel guilty for days. lol BUT... this time I knew it was right because I went to the Lord first.

So many times in my life I have made those decisions after I thought about what to do and I didn't always go to the Lord for my answer. I am continually learning to put it before Him and allow Him to guide my steps. He was guiding my steps before I even realized it!! This piano is the price of some extra money we have set aside at this time of year for various things. When that realization came to me I was in awe. How thankful I am for the Lord's leading.

Now.... how are we gonna get that thing moved? :)


4 comments:

Amy said...

What gorgeous drops those are, I just love the reflections! Isn't it funny how they're all upside down and I'm pretty sure backwards too? :)

Congrats on the piano! My girls play and I just LOVE to listen to them practice. They play lots of songs I recognize and that is lots of fun. Call a local piano store and ask if they'll help you move it. I had one moved by a store (that I didn't buy from) for $100.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Now I know why you kept pushing me off yesterday on when you were coming by. I am sure Mikayla will really enjoy piano.

Amy said...

LOVE those pictures. You did a wonderful job!!

So glad you found a piano!! God is good!!

Katrina said...

I too have been fretting about a piano and lessons for my girls. They had informal lessons last year from my friend. She taught them how to read music and that is about as far as they got before she had her twins.

I let it all go and the Lord brought a new church member that teaches piano and needs new students. We did purchase a keyboard last year knowing that the keys aren't weighted. I just know the Lord will provide a piano when the time is right.

Enjoy the lessons!