Monday, June 01, 2009

06/01/09

Another one where I have the same picture... the second one has the vignette added. Opinions again if you choose, please.



This office... I am really hoping to be finished tomorrow and show the before and after pictures. I just never realized I tackled SO LARGE and overwhelming of a project. The good thing is, I will get to enjoy my summer without that hanging over my head.

As I was going through things and putting them back to organize my desk, I ran across a lot of the things I had on my old bulletin board. I didn't read them every day, but it was nice to have them there. Well, today I read through a lot of them and I remembered why they were there. Here is one I thought I'd share.

The Personal Psalm
Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Have you ever noticed how many times David used "I," "my," and "me" in this great psalm? Let's count them.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Seventeen times in six short verses, David personalized the great doctrinal truths found in this beautiful psalm. He understood that his great Shepherd was none other than Jehovah (Lord) Himself, who would personally supply his every need, restore his soul in times of distress, give him victory over his enemies, even death; and abundantly bless him, even to the point of being with him forever.

How important it is to realize that our God is a personal God who desires to be to us everything that a faithful shepherd is to his sheep. Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep" (John 10:11). Our God would even die for us, and there is certainly no daily need He will not supply. "I shall not want."

The Apostle Paul said it beautifully: "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19). May we daily practice the presence of our personal God and great shepherd of the sheep - the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like picture #2, it shows more detail. You do teach so well!

Amy said...

I really like the vignette, it makes the subject 'pop' even more!