Friday, May 29, 2009

05/29/09

Sunflower shot.... notice the focus is in a very small area.


Today I have been married to my sweet Steve for 16 years. We are going out for supper tonight and it will be nice just to have some time with him without the distractions of school and other responsibilities hanging over my head. I love him so much more than I did on this day 16 years ago!

I was honored last night at graduation. I was presented the Elementary Teacher of the Year Award. It was a blessing and I was touched by what my peers said about me. My teaching is a gift from the Lord and without Him I am nothing so I give all of the glory to Him! Steve said he gave me a standing ovation of his own. lol That was precious to me! There were happy tears as I walked to receive the award. It did my heart good to hear others shouting their "happiness" as I walked to get it. What an honor! I am so thankful....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN /AMEN!!

mc said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Kellie! A well deserved award, I'm sure!

wendy said...

That's awesome - both the anniversary & the award :) What a way to end a year, huh?

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on the award!!

Amy said...

What a wonderful honor, Kellie...And an awesome testimony of God's amazing work through you to touch the lives of your students and their families. Congratulations!! :-)

Amy said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and on your award!!! :)

Gretchen said...

I remember that beautiful day 16 years ago.
My, time flies!

Congrats on your honor! You are a wonderful teacher, I can tell!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 16th Anniversary as well as Teaching award. I know that Blessed your heart.
As I read your post daily, I can see why you received the award. It's obvious you love your children in your class.

Rebecca Bentley Hall said...

You were certainly our "teacher of the year!" I can't imagine a better year. Carter loves you and so do I! :)