Tuesday, May 19, 2009

05/19/09

I don't know if this is strawflower or not. I saw it at the Zoo and it was so unusual and very pretty. The bloom is hard.


Here are a couple of pictures showing Wesley and Mikayla with their projects I talked about yesterday. I took these yesterday morning before we left for school. :)


If you came to my house today you would have to be ready to be "stranded on a deserted island."


For the last two afternoons Wesley and Mikayla have come home and played Swiss Family Robinson. They are reading that book right now at school and loving it. I had to chuckle as I went outside and noticed how much they have put into their imaginations.

The "flag" is made out of one of our old flag poles and a tiny branch with leaves on it. lol Wesley put water and rocks in the old water cooler container to make sure it stayed put and didn't get "blown" by the wind. (Gravity could take care of that, but we won't tell him that.) Yesterday they took all kinds of things outside with them to play. Apparently they were searching for large lizards, too. Maybe they just needed to look at my post from yesterday. (Sorry those pictures gave some of you the heebie-jeebies. ha!) The "tree house" part of their swingset must be serving as "The Nest" the family in the book made in a tree. I will say W and M were resourceful in their thinking!

You may want to click on the pictures to show a little more detail of the flag. It is hard to see against the backdrop of the trees.



I love imaginations.

I love that my children are nine and still using theirs to the best of their ability.

I love how well they play together.

I love that it is warmer and they can enjoy the day.

I love that homework is slowing down and they can actually get outside and do something without me worrying that homework isn't finished.

I love my "babies."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flower on the bush is called Sweet Betsy. It was Charles's Daddy's favorite. On a hot day it smells so good.! Viv

Amy said...

What a couple of cuties and how fun that they are such good playmates for each other.

They did great on their flag and they do look so proud of their reports. :)