Sunday, May 03, 2009

05/03/09

How about some elephant pics? I have found that an elephant can be difficult to photograph. While in a Zoo setting they are so big that in order to photograph them as a whole you will capture some unwanted background things. SO... this year I decided to do some zooming in and capture some different angles. What do you think? I didn't want "Oh, this is the elephant eating..." "This is the elephant standing by the water..." , etc... lol I wish the ears had been out more on the last two, but with wild animals you take what you get. lol


It has been a busy day! We had Homecoming at church and then Wesley's first baseball game later this afternoon.

We ate and ate and ate at church.... I had so many chocolate desserts that I felt like I really had "Death by Chocolate." LOL

This afternoon was Wesley's first baseball game. He was so cute... and played so much better today than he did last year. It was neat to see his growth! He loves the colors of his team... John Deere green and gold. lol Check him out as he was 'on the bench' concentrating on what was going on in the field. He played most of the game so this was good for him to learn to cheer on the team. You should see him run... we call him "Dash" from The Incredibles. lol


Time to get ready for another school week. The weekends surely do fly by fast!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Love the elephant pictures!!! The first one is my favorite.

What a great picture of Wesley!! He looks like he is really concentrating on the game.

Amy said...

Oh, I love elephants! There aren't any at the SF Zoo, at least I couldn't find any! Great shots and WTG Wesley! :)

Katrina said...

I love the close ups of the elephants. I have seen paintings that are just of one part of safari animals. Like the entire painting is an elephant ear or the mane of a zebra. Your photos reminded me of that.