Wednesday, May 20, 2009

05/20/09

Dandelions (I think) from a walk in the park the other day.


I am reminded today at how quickly time flies. I only have a few more days of watching Wesley and Mikayla in class, getting hugs from them in the hallways and on the playground, seeing them at lunch and pretty much seeing them all of the time in my building. Once they leave second grade they move to another building.

I have had the privilege of being "close" to them for four years. I am truly not wanting to think about it much as it will start the tears. I don't need that at this moment. I have eaten lunch with them for the last two days trying to soak up as many memories as I can.

I know I have been blessed to be that close to them throughout the day because many people do not have that with their children. I see it as the closest thing I will ever have to "staying home" with them. I never had that and it is something I will always miss.

I realize the next building isn't like they are moving away.

I realize this is a part of growing up.

It just makes my Mother's Heart a bit sad to know I won't be able to get those hugs that sneak up from behind or those sweet kisses in the hallway.

I have loved these days from Kindergarten till Second. I can even remember being tickled when I realized their second year of Kindergarten would give me one more year with them in my building. Now those years have flown by and it is really hitting me hard.

I can only imagine what I'll be like when they graduate from High School!!!

I'm cherishing every moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you it will be rough, but I also know what a good mother you are. I also know they have a sweet lovable Father. I say each one of you are blessed to have each other.

Amy said...

Gorgeous shot of the yard 'weeds'! :)

And I feel for you. I've been hs'ing Allyson and she's going to be off to high school in a few months...I'm so happy for her, but sad that she won't be home with me. I'll be missing my girl terribly, it's been on my mind lately.