Saturday, May 09, 2009

05/09/09


This bird is for my Mother in Law today... she loves birds and I shot this at the Aviary at the Zoo. I honestly don't know what kind it is, but it is beautiful.

We celebrated Mother's Day with her today and we all gave her a digital camera. She was tickled pink and purple. :) We spent most of the day on her computer trying to figure out the software that came with it. It was a nice afternoon. :)

Speaking of cameras.... Wesley and Mikayla used some of their birthday money and money they have saved to buy each a camera. They got a Kodak easy share and they are having a ball with them. It has been interesting actually being on the other side of the camera with their pictures! ha!!

Just for your information.... I graduated from college 16 years ago today. Wow....that seems like yesterday and so long ago at the same time.

Off to help my kiddos with their Geography Project from Mrs. Fowler. Yes, my own children are having to do the same project I have assigned my class even though they aren't in my class. Bad, huh? I figure I'll keep 'em learning. :)

4 comments:

mc said...

Kellie, That bird is beautiful! You need to post some of the kids' pictures!- MC

Unknown said...

you will defiantly have to post some pickers that Wesley and Mikayla take. I love seeing pictures from a child's perspective. Could this also mean some stiffer competition at the state fair this year? ;)

Amy said...

What a gorgeous shot of the bird, the green background is so pretty with the bright orange. I can't wait to see some of Wesley and Mikayla's photographs, that will be fun! And guess what? I graduated from college 16 years ago too, although I'm not sure what day in May! :)

Katrina said...

Amazing color! Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day tomorrow. You are blessed :)