Saturday, May 02, 2009

05/02/09

Yesterday at the Zoo there was a whole area where they had planted all kinds of orchids and they were all in bloom. I was SO excited and took many pictures of them. This was one of the first I took. I wish I could have used my macro lens and done some macro work, but at the Zoo, beggars can't be choosy! ha! Click on it to see the detail better.


We have been baking/cooking like wild people today! We are getting ready for Homecoming at church tomorrow. Even though cooking is not my favorite "hobby", I also don't like to take store bought things anywhere. I prefer to have "homemade." SO..... that means I need to get my rusty cooking/baking self in the kitchen. Kevin came down to help as he chose what recipes the kids would do. Mikayla made "Chicken Divan" and Cinnamon Brownies with Chocolate Ganache. Wesley made a chocolate pound cake. I made two chocolate chess pies. Steve cooked a turkey on the grill and made some baked beans. I think we are covered for some serious food tomorrow!!

Is your mouth watering yet? :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, my mouth is watering. It all sounds SO GOOD!!! Enjoy homecoming!!

Katrina said...

The orchid is beautiful.

I too prefer homemade, so much better tasting. All your dishes sound wonerful. Have a wonderful Lord's Day.

Amy said...

Gorgeous orchid! I can't wait to see more of your zoo shots! :)

Sounds like you're making some AMAZING goodies!