Monday, May 18, 2009

05/18/09

Here are three reptilian animals.... The big flat one (last one) is a Chuckwala (I hope I spelled that correctly) and I am not sure of the other two. The one in the middle was shedding his skin. Pretty neat! Again, you may want to click on them to view the detail larger. :)


I have a few moments before we leave for Wesley's baseball game.

I have to say how proud I am of my kids. I normally don't say much about what they do in school. I don't like to be one of those parents who is always going on and on about what their child (children) does. I just have to talk about them today, though.

They both had to do a Geography Project that was assigned to my class, not their own. I expected it out of them simply because they are my kids and I wanted them to do what my class was doing. I did not hear whining and complaining from them over having to do a project that was not assigned by their own teacher. They had to have a "crash course" in Geography in the process of writing this report, making a flag and drawing a map of their countries! What I have taught my other kids all year they had to learn a lot of in 2 weeks. lol They worked very hard and gave their best.

I also made them come in and present their country in front of my class. Now, if it were in front of their own class doing a project assigned in there it wouldn't be that big of a deal but this was in front of fellow peers they have not shared a class with this year. I held the same expectations for them that I did my other students and did not give in simply because they were my own children. They EARNED their grade I gave them... not that it counts for anything in their grades except that they learned something new and a job well done. That alone is priceless. They were nervous a bit today, and rightly so, but I was just beaming inside as a Mommy as I had to be "tough" on the outside as the teacher.

Thank you for giving me a few minutes to "brag." I am just quite proud of their attitude most of all, as well as what they learned. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well being Grandma I don't mind bragging on Wesley & Makayla! They are so smart and well mannered. They far excede their age group. I am so proud of them, and they came from such good stock. Ha/ Ha Grandma!!paterma

Katrina said...

I am terribly afraid of reptiles so this would be the first time I skipped right over your photos to get to the post.

I sure respect your outlook on being humble but it sounds like your kiddos earned every bit of your bragging!

Amy said...

Great shot of the critters, although they give me the heebie-jeebies!!! Sounds like you're doing a fabulous job in raising Wesley and Mikayla. :)

Amy said...

Brag away :-) You have two wonderful kids!!!