Thursday, May 07, 2009

05/07/09

It is National Day of Prayer so I thought I would post this pic of the Polar Bear sleeping.... he looks like he's praying. :)


National Day of Prayer... have you prayed today? Better yet... do you pray every day? It's nice that we have a day set aside to recognize the importance of prayer, but I am thankful that anytime, every day I can go to my Lord and He hears me.

Psalm 145:2 - Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

I have shared this before, but there are some days as a teacher where you feel that no matter what you do it is never enough. You often wonder if you are even getting through and outside forces can sometimes make you feel that way, too.

Today I had a moment like that early on and I know Satan wanted to use it to get me down. The Lord had other plans that helped me to see that what I am doing is what I am supposed to be doing.... and that it matters. Many of my kids have brought me sweet treats or flowers in the last few days that have been uplifting. Then, today my parents showered me with a lunch where my assistant and I could eat lunch by ourselves... in quiet... away from the lunchroom. After that they surprised us with a "birthday/appreciation" cake after lunch. It was just what I needed to get through that moment this morning.

I am so thankful the Lord knows of our needs before we do. I am thankful for His ever present love that wraps us in His everlasting arms and helps us to see that as long as we are doing what we are doing for His glory, nothing else matters.

Here are the words to a song I used to sing as a child. I wish there was a way I could figure out how to do the whole music thing on here because the group Selah sings this so beautifully. It fits my day today and I praise Him for how He watches over me....

His Eye is on the Sparrow

Why do I feel discouraged
Why do the shadows come
And why does my heart feel lonely
And long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me.

So I sing because I'm happy
And I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me.....

**OK... still not sure how to upload a YouTube on here, but here is the link that I found for this song. I am not fond of some of the pictures they used, but you at least get to hear the song.****

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Great post Kellie. I try to teach my girls to call on the Lord for EVERYTHING, there is nothing too small or too big.

I am glad your students and their parents are such a blessing to you :)

Kevin said...

I agree with you about some of the pictures he used, but at least he used an honest to goodness sparrow!!! I was so happy to know that there was at least one other person out there that didn't just throw up any small bird picture!