Monday, December 22, 2008

12/22/08

Happy Birthday to my Daddy today. :)

I liked this from a Christmas card we received:

God's ways are good and bring you joy....
His ways are right and bring you wisdom...
His ways are true and bring you freedom....
His ways are pure and bring you refreshment...
His ways are sure and bring you strength...
His ways are best and bring you love.


Here are some more pics to show from our trip. I am still in denial that it is over. :)


Our Bed and Breakfast


View from the room... it was cloudy/rainy on Saturday... Sunday was beautiful but cold and windy.
This was the living room area... so pretty in here...

Main staircase... just beautiful. Steve wanted me to set up my tripod and take a pic of us walking down the stairs the night we went to the Candlelight Tour... I just didn't think that would happen - and it didn't. lol
Dining room where we ate breakfastKitchen
Sitting area by the kitchen
Beautiful front porch area

What you saw from the front porch area.... the following three pics.



Right before we left to go to dinner at Biltmore and then the Candlelight Tour of Biltmore. We ate at the Deerpark Restaurant on the Biltmore grounds.

Since I couldn't take pictures inside of Biltmore I had to settle for the outside. Kind of hard to do in pitch black for the most part and doing it all handheld. Not too bad, though....

I wish I could have taken pics inside... it was so beautiful in there. I continue to be in awe of this house!



3 comments:

Amy said...

Just gorgeous and sounds incredibly relaxing. What a wonderful Christmas present! :)

Morgan said...

What a GORGEOUS B&B! You have to email me the name of it. Doesn't it blow you away that people actually lived like that (Biltmore)? And the trees....so many Christmas trees. *sigh* I'm so glad you guys had the chance to get away.....

Unknown said...

Heather and I went to the Biltmore last year for our anniversary, and I was so annoyed I couldn't take pictures inside. I wish they had a photo pass, cause I would have gotten it. So glad you guys had a good time, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!