Saturday, December 06, 2008

12/06/08

Here are a couple more of the kids ornaments I got them this year. Wesley's is a SS Chevelle... 1971, I believe. It was green and it was an "old" car (hard to believe it is "old" seeing as that is the year I was born...) so I got that one for him. Mikayla's is her Tinkerbell from this year. I love that is has a butterfly on it.


Before I forget.... that little girl I wrote about in my post yesterday did pass away last night. My heart breaks for those parents. I am praying for them.

Today I ran some errands with my best friend. We celebrated her finishing her first semester of Grad School by going to Starbucks. I got a Peppermint Mocha Twist... and, oh goodness... was that thing good. It had caffeine in it, which is not great considering I don't handle caffeine very well. Thankfully, I didn't have the jitters, but I was a bit "busy" in the early afternoon jumping from one "project" to another. lol

Tonight we went to the Apex Christmas parade in downtown Apex. We go every year with my best friend because her girls are a part of it with their dance studio. It was a great night, and we bundled up because of the cold! We watched from the beginning to the end. Great traditions and memories. :) Here are a few pictures I took. Let's just say trying to shoot a parade in a lot of darkness is difficult. You either have the flash too bright or not enough, if I let my shutter stay open longer to capture more light I got too much motion blur. Oh well... these didn't turn out too badly.
Looking down main street, Apex


Old cars all in a line... this one was cute

Morgan, I realize this is a Prowler, but I thought of you when I saw it.... (what is the difference between a Prowler and a Viper?)
Wesley and Mikayla with their best buds.... and another friend. :)

Me and my sweet man

Wake Christian's marching band was in the parade! It was great seeing some of my former students doing their thing. They played really well!

SANTA!! :)


Here is the Christmas version of "getting to know you." One of my online friends sent it to me and I thought I'd share here. :)


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
- Honestly... whatever works best. Usually a gift bag because all you need is a bit of tissue paper and "voila"... wrapped present. Our boxes that are wrapped are good if they even have a stick on bow on them. Sad.... I know.

2. Real tree or Artificial??
- REAL!!!!!!!

3. When do you put up the tree???
- The day after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down??
- Usually a day or two after Christmas. I miss it but am also ready to get my house "back to normal."

5. Do you like eggnog???
- Not really... Steve does

6. Favorite gift received as a child??
- Hmmm.... I have many. Any of my dolls I received, I would guess.

7. Hardest person to buy for??
- Lots of people nowadays. Most people buy what they want without waiting for a time for someone to give it to them!

8. Easiest person to buy for??
- Wesley and Mikayla

9. Do you have a Nativity scene??
- Yes.... one from my grandmother's collection, one my brother gave us, one from a friend (Mikayla likes it so she can play with it...it is a kid friendly one), and one I received from someone that is a miniature.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards???
- MAIL. I'm beginning to find that even now with mailing I miss the personal handwriting from cards. Most people just send the photo cards... which are nice, but I just miss people handwriting a note.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received??
- I just can't go there right now. lol

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
- "The Nativity Story", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Rudolph", "Grinch"

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas???
- The day before Thanksgiving, usually. lol

14. Ever caught mother kissing Santa Clause?
- Well..... hmmm.....

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas??
- Anything chocolate

16. Clear or color lights on the tree??
- Clear on our main tree... the kids have colored on theirs.

17. Favorite Christmas song???
- Anything sung by Josh Groban. "Santa Train" by Patti Loveless, All of Vince Gill's Christmas CD songs, Dino Christmas... I could go on and on.... OH... and "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas..."

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home??
- Home for the most part, but have to travel different areas for family nearby

19. Angel on the tree top or a star???
- Angel.... the same one Wesley asked this year why we keep putting her on the top of the tree every year.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day??
- At my parents we open one on Christmas Eve before going home to get ready for Santa. The rest are Christmas morning. :)

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year??
- Obnoxious shoppers.

22. What theme or color are you using??
- Memories.... that is the only way I know to put it.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year??
- Well..... in 13 days I'm getting something pretty special. Other than that, a new Canon 20D... which will not happen. lol

24. Does your family have any yearly traditions??
- My brother and I do our annual baking (that will be next weekend!), we go to the Apex Christmas parade with my best friend to watch her girls (as seen above), go to Meadow Lights with our other best buds, go see "A Christmas Carol" at our local theater, go see Christmas lights at night with the kids after seeing a Christmas movie right after school on a half day of school, drink in all of the beauty of the twinkling lights.
24. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, and Donner (or is it Donder?) and Blitzen....RUDOLPH.


And, again.... 13 days.... :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love all of the parade shots, every town of I know is boring and doesn't have a Santa parade. I'm so happy you filled out the survey, it's so fun to read these!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Pretty sure Casey also attended the parade. Like the pictures at night.

Santa parade in San Diego is shorts and a surfboard. :-)

Did you really ask the difference between a Prowler and a Viper? :-0

Morgan said...

Here's the easy answer.The difference between a Viper and Prowler? One is gorgeous and the other, not so much! : )

I am sooooo sorry to hear about that little girl. I can't even go there in my head as to what that family and those parents are going thru this Christmas or forever for that fact. Prayers, prayers, prayers....

Cassie and I have our own countdown...17 days!!