Friday, December 12, 2008

12/12/08

This day has been crazy. I'm glad it is Friday.

7 more days!

My first picture is our tricycle ornament. I bought this one this year, too. It reminds me of Wesley and Mikayla when they were teeny because they both had one. I have many pictures of them on it. I miss those days.


Mikayla woke us up in the middle of the night with a fever and saying her head hurt. I will be honest, my first reaction was a panic of what happened to the eight year old last week who passed away. I couldn't even think straight... but that was partially because I don't do well if I have been awakened in the middle of the night. I also was trying to think of what medicines she had already taken, etc... We gave her some Tylenol and she slept fine in our room the rest of the night. Wesley went with me to school and Mikayla stayed home with Steve. Steve took them both to the doctor later this morning and they both have sinus infections. It seems a lot of people have been dealing with this lately. Glad they went on to the doctor and got on some meds.

I found out this morning that one of my students accepted Christ as their Savior last night. What a Christmas gift that was!!

Here is a candy cane poem one of my students brought me today. I read it to the class as they enjoyed their candy canes from the student. I took these pictures of Peppermint sticks the other day as well. Enjoy:



"J is for Jesus"


One snowy day in the middle of town,
families gathered from miles around.
For something was new at the candy store,
Something that no one had seen before.


The candy maker was eager to share
His holiday treat with everyone there.
He held up a red and white peppermint stick.
The children all wanted to give it a lick!

"I made this candy." He explained that day.
"I shaped it to look like the letter 'J'."

"J is for Jesus, God's son sent to earth.
And Christmas is when we remember his birth."


"But when I turn the candy around
To make the letter go upside down
It looks like a staff that the shepherds used.
They were the first to hear the Good News."

"As the shepherds were watching their sheep that night,
The sky was filled with heavenly light.
Angels appeared and started to sing,
Glory to God for our newborn King!"

"And there in the town where Jesus was born
The shepherds found him, all cozy and warm.
Their hearts were filled with wonder and joy
As they knelt beside the baby boy."

"I added the stripes to remember the day
That Jesus washed all our sins away.
He died on the cross, His blood was shed.
That's why the stripes are bold and red."

"The white on the candy is there to show
That when we're forgiven, we're white as the snow.
Jesus was born to save us from sin,
To make us holy and clean within."

"I wanted to share this story with you,
So Jesus can be your Savior, too.
Please tell this story to everyone,
And give thanks to God for the gift of His Son!"


1 comment:

Katie said...

I love candy canes.... we got the ones we ordered for people today at school during 8th period. I gave 5.... to one person! I got 3 and LOVED it!!!!!!
Ciao :)