Thursday, December 18, 2008

12/18/08


Here is Wesley's and Mikayla's Christmas train Santa gave them last year. This is played with more by Wesley but Mikayla tags along sometimes. :) (In fact, instead of getting to bed right now he is messing with this train. ) It has brought a lot of joy and I am glad he is enjoying it. He uses his Lincoln Logs to create barns/buildings all around the track. It is quite neat to watch him play.

Today we did our annual half day ritual of going to a movie with the kids and then going around at night to see Christmas lights. We packed up some grilled pimiento cheese sandwiches, waters and some cookies and headed out. I must say, there were not a lot of "festive" houses this year. I only took a few shots of the one house near ours that goes all out every year. It was kind of depressing!

Well, only 1 more day!! We packed our stuff this afternoon. The kids have gotten out their things but we haven't officially packed them at the moment. They are as excited as we are that they get to spend the night with Mom and Dad for three nights. lol

My body is ready to crash.... been a long few weeks. Can't wait for tomorrow, though!!! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Gretchen said...

This has been such a crazy week for me. I'm sorry I didn't leave a comment on the post about seeing each other (headed there now)... I haven't been in blogland most of the week. Thank goodness for the ability to post ahead and schedule when it will pop up. I've definitely used that feature this week. Now I can take a deep breath and enjoy.

Can't wait to hear about your adventure. I have a guess, so we will have to see if I'm right.

Morgan said...

You do know that you have to bring your computer with you so that as soon as you get to your destination so you can tell us where he takes you!!!!! You can't make the rest of us wait until Monday!!!!! ; )

One of Cassie's favorite things that she loves to play with at Christmas is the big, wooden Christmas train that I bought and painted for her first Christmas. I love that that will be one of those things that I will give her for HER kids to play with. Love the traditions.....