Thursday, December 11, 2008

12/11/08

It rained pretty hard here all day. That rain caused me to get veerrrrryyyyy sleepy today at school. This does not normally happen to me because I am "on the go" so much that I don't have time to get sleepy!! Well, today I had issues with that fact. The minute I sat down to grade papers during the time my kids were in Computer I started nodding!!! ha!!!

Here are a few more ornament pics. (None of my ornament pics turned out like I wanted this year.... too much camera shake. lol)

The first one is of Wesley's train. He loves trains along with his tractors so I bought him this one this year. My best friend bought Mikayla this bottle of "nail polish"... she is much more girly girl than I ever was so this fit her. I don't think I've shown Steve's "Grinch" ornament this year, either. He is my "Grinch".... the Grinch at the end of the movie. :)


I would like for you to meet someone:

This is "Candy Cane!"


He appeared on our mantle this morning along with a book telling about himself called "Elf on a Shelf." It seems Santa has sent him to watch over us for the next couple of weeks. The kids had to name him and "Candy Cane" stuck. I think it is a very cute name. From what we understand we have to search for him every morning to see what he has been up to while we have been sleeping. I hope he doesn't make a mess.... our house has enough issues as it is! We are looking forward to the adventures!

As I said last year, yes, we do believe in Santa in this house. He is not the main focus of the season because we all know that Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Santa is a fun part that I remember fondly from childhood and want that to continue with our own kiddos. We also told the kids that just because "Candy Cane" is here doesn't mean they are only good now just to get some presents. We explained that God sees us all of the time and we are to remember that most importantly.

Imaginations are a fun thing. :)

8 more days!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I love the nail polish ornament!! How cute!

By the way, I meant to tell you that your Christmas card was our first of the season to arrive in the mail! You're so on top of things!
I usually have mine mailed by the 5th. Not this year, looks like. :)
I LOVE the picture of your kids. What beautiful eyes they both have!